SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
*** Downloading this app is a 2-step process: the first step is a download of the app template, and the second step is a full download of app content. Please do not navigate away from the app until both steps have been completed. ***
Developed especially for patients, caregivers, and families, this version of the Merck Manual medical information app is created just for you. Now with many new features and enhancements, the Merck Manual Consumer app is written in everyday language. This Consumer Version provides clear, practical explanations for thousands of medical disorders, including symptoms and what doctors do to diagnose and treat medical conditions.
The trusted Merck Manual Consumer medical information app for on-the-go reference offers:
• Health and medical information written and updated regularly by more than 350 medical experts
• Topics searchable by symptom, diagnosis or treatment, all written in easy-to-understand language
• Photos and Illustrations on thousands of disorders and diseases
• Animations that visually demonstrate diseases and treatments
• Interactive Quizzes* to test knowledge on health topics--scores can be posted on Twitter
• Drug and Medicine Information
• Medical News and Commentary* covering the most current and important health topics
• Editorials* written by top medical experts
• Self-assessments* to check your health and fitness levels
• Medical Podcasts* debunking medical myths from acclaimed doctors across the country
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for use in the United States, its territories, Puerto Rico, and Canada only.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at https://www.msdprivacy.com
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
For questions or help with the app, please contact email@example.com
1. Lab test information removed from the application.
2. Updated the legal changes in the application.
3. Copyright information has been updated with respective places.
Ratings and Reviews
A valuable resource
With so much wrong information on the internet concerning medical issues, I value having a trusted resource to turn to for correct information. The Merck Manual usually tells me everything I need to know about a subject and gives references for further information if needed. I started with the print edition years ago and have been a satisfied user since then. Print or electronic media, it’s still the best place to start with any medical questions.
Merck Manual Consumer Edison
Whenever I am in doubt about a particular medical subject, ailment, medication, treatment, etc, I turn to this app to inform myself about it. I have learned a great deal about my ailments and the medications that were prescribed for it by my doctors.
I also consult the Professional Edition, but having had no medical training or familiarity with scientific or technical terminology, the Consumer Edition suits my needs better because it is written in nontechnical language and is more easily assimilated.
Thank you for illuminating the small wonderful world within our bodies that keep us healthy and happy, and revealing just how similar our internal systems are to our tightly tuned and biodynamically interdependent landscape and planetary systems. Thanks for demonstrating these astonishing nested hierarchies of life that repeat at every scale here on our one living planet.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Merck & Co Inc
- 181.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2022 Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA and its affiliates. All rights reserved.