• Experience turn-based tactical combat and deep strategic gameplay.
• Supply elite soldiers with tons of equipment: hi-tech armor, deadly weapons, implants, and gadgets.
• Upgrade your base and research futuristic technology to gain access to advanced warfare.
• Play anywhere, anytime, and even offline to stop the threat in an epic campaign.
Mercs of Boom is a fascinating turn-based strategy game in which you become the head of your own military corporation. In the game, you have a hi-tech base at your disposal, along with the most sophisticated of weaponry and a squad of professional fighters. The future of humanity is in your hands, commander!
Support and wings!
• Welcome the newest addition to your wardrobe, the Seraphim armor set! The one and only, for the toughest, most dedicated and experienced mercenaries.
• Seraphim armor, Prototype A, and Arbiter armor can now be sold and fully upgraded with chips.
• Entering all types of UFO's now requires only 1 genetic tag, and the cost of opening a container now depends on the size of the UFO
• iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and 3rd Generation iPad Pro are now fully supported. Yes, that means the UI is not covered by anything and everything is ready to be tapped.
• A lot of things fixed here and there. The game is now more stable and works better overall.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad, but buggy
The game isn’t bad at all, very xcom like, but the difficulty does ramp up considerably after level 15. After that it isn’t impossible, but trying to get the higher level weapons and armors can take weeks worth of pvp battles per piece of equipment. For example one union rifle takes around 10 pvp battles to gain enough material to build, which doesn’t include the missions you have to do to buy the support items needed to survive those missions. At 2-3 hours of play per day it will take about a week of grinding per weapon or armor. On top of this is the fact that after a couple of months of play the game starts bugging out and freezing about 5-10 times per day, which requires a reboot to hopefully “fix”.
Honestly I love this game, it is very engaging and fun. If it was possible to just buy it straight out I would have no problem paying $5-$10 for it, but with the pay to win strategy towards the later levels it becomes less of a fun action filled strategy game and more of a Skyrim-like iron dagger smithing grind.
Ok so when completing a quest theres a bar that comes up with the exclamation point ,however when i click it it does nothing and if i enter another room it goes away this isn't an issue ,however the fact that it isn't giving the reward due is irritating (btw on a side note i have had to completely redo my profile b/c it seems to have been erased in the update idk how this happened i used to have pulse weapons and was moving on reaper weapons)
I noticed many people had such problems and id love you to fix this issue (Also i loved the old name of X Mercs and wanted to give greater ideas to further your business and brand)
Lots of potential but fails
I was enjoying it very much but once you reach level 15 you hit a big difficult point where your outnumbered under powered that your only chance of proceeding is by spending real money. I can handle the difficulty and the waiting to level up but the biggest offender was when your mercs dies you can revive them instantly with an item and gain a cyborg perk which is great. But what the game didn't disclose was if your merc dies again and you don't use the item again then they lose those perks. Of course they give you enough of the item early in the game to revive your mercs once but after that your lucky if you get one. So if you wanna keep those perks then you have to buy the item which isn't cheap. You should not be punished if you die by permanently making you weaker unless you spend real money, wait 5 hours till you can you use your mercs again fine but this was very cheap. Typical pay to win game, I would've gladly paid $6 for the game without this BS. I was about to buy into the game with something to help and support the developer but once I was punished for dying I chose not to.
- Game Insight UAB
- 273 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Game Insight, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Pack of Credits $6.99
- Pile of Credits $13.99
- Handful of Credits $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.