Introducing Mercury, a customisable client for the Mastodon social network!
Notable features of Mercury:
- Customise swipe gestures to shortcut actions you perform often
- Choose a custom theme to personalise the app to your tastes with automatic dark mode switching
- Listen to audio uploaded to the Fediverse
- Save a list of hashtags that you would like to follow
- Add descriptions to images and GIFs that you upload
- Support for custom emoji when posting a status
- Open Twitter and Reddit links in popular native apps
- Create custom timeline filters
- Translate status text
- Bookmark statuses
- Schedule statuses
- Manage lists
- Multiple account support
- All without ads
Hey everyone, another smallish release here to address a handful of niggling issues while some bigger bits are being worked on in the background.
This release includes the following changes:
- Better voice over support for switching accounts. You'll now know which account is currently selected.
- Some decluttering of the compose screen to better make use of space on smaller screens.
- Hopefully fixed an annoying crash caused by the currently logged in session expiring and Mercury failing to pick up on that change. You should now be presented with the login screen in this case if you have no other logged in accounts. If anyone is still having an issue with this after this release, please let me know.
You can file an issue by following the support link on the App Store page or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to everyone for their support and feedback, it's very much appreciated, please keep it coming :)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My go-to free Mastodon/fediverse app
Shocked to see the reviews being so low. This app is great, clean looking, functional and overall a better experience than other free alternatives.
A couple things I'd want, though:
- There does not appear to be the ability to modify cover art.
- The Mute User option does not appear to work.
If I think of anything more/notice something I'll update this. Thanks for a great app!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words :) I really appreciate that, and thanks for your suggestions too.
- Yes! I agree, I want to add more profile editing fields along with the cover art :)
- Mutes are a little weird, the muting itself should be working, but any toots from the muted user will remain cached in the timeline on your phone. I have made a note to adjust this to remove cached toots from muted users.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the app, and feel free to hit me up with anything else you think of.
Does not support all instances
Tried to log in and it told me my instance is “unsupported”. Garbage.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Which instance are you trying to log in to? There is a list of unsupported instances on the Mercury help page (https://onmercury.app/help). If the instance appears in the list linked there, there's an explanation as to why it is unsupported. If it is not, please let me know and I will take a look at what is going on!
- Daniel Nitsikopoulos
- 16.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Daniel Nitsikopoulos
- In-App Purchases
- Mercury Observer $0.99
- Mariner 10 $1.99
- MESSENGER $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.