Utility for pilots of the Piper Meridian, M600, and JetProp DLX (-21 and -35) airplanes. Pilot enters altitude and outside air temperature; the app immediately calculates max speed cruise torque, true airspeed, pounds per hour, and NM/pound.
Uses calculations from tables 5-67 through 5-73 of the performance section of the Meridian POH (circa September, 2011); figures 5-16 through 5-31 of the M600 performance section; and the JetProp Cruise Performance charts in the JetProp DLX (-21 and -35) POH. Pilot can flip through different torque settings to see the effect of torque on airspeed and fuel consumption.
Pilots should use solely for educational purposes. Always refer to your current Aircraft Flight Manual (AFM) or Pilot Operating Handbook (POH) for use while operating an aircraft. Your aircraft's POH is updated regularly by the manufacturer and is the only source of torque information you should use operating an aircraft.
* Fixes too low airspeed with M600 normal cruise near 20,000 and -25c.
* Show both Pounds and Gallons at the same time on the iPhone and iPad.
* Update Meridian Maximum Speed Cruise to use tables 5-67 through 5-73 circa September 2011.
* Fixes bug with Meridian fuel flow at FL200 which caused bad fuel flows around that altitude.
* Added Apple Watch support for Piper M600, JetProp DLX (-35), JetProp DLX (-21).
* Show ISA deviation in Apple Watch
Ratings and Reviews
This is a simple but very accurate app. I’m currently flying a JetPROP DLX (-35) and find the speeds to be right on. It’s a worthwhile app to add to your flight planning bag of tricks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.