Merlin Project: Gantt & Kanban 4+
Project management for pros
- Offers In-App Purchases
Merlin Project is the professional tool for the project manager on Mac, iPad & iPhone. Customers in over 160 countries rely on this practical software. Merlin Project provides you with answers to all your questions about planning, controlling and monitoring your projects. Try the extensive functions free of charge for 30 days.
Our customers love the easy-to-learn application as a standard in many industries: For example in media, development & IT, architecture & construction as well as research & teaching.
• Work breakdown structure with Gantt diagram in many variations with plan/actual comparison
• Mind maps for graphical project planning
• Kanban boards with automatic adjustment of completed work
• Net plans in many graphical formats
• Costs and budgets with top-down and bottom-up planning
• Resources with optional resource pools
• Patented synchronization of all projects with other users via cloud services (iCloud, Dropbox, etc.)
• Automatic resource leveling and utilization view
• Attach e-mails, checklists, project risks and additional information
• Modular reporting system
• Import from Microsoft Project, Excel, Numbers, MindJet MindManager and many more
• Export to standard formats: PDF, HTML, MS Project and many more
• Annual or monthly subscription required to create & work on projects
• Before you decide, you can try Merlin Project for 30 days for free, with no obligations.
• No subscription required to open and view existing Merlin Project documents
Prices vary depending on geographical location. Subscriptions are billed via your credit card or iTunes account. Your subscription will renew automatically unless canceled within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. You may cancel automatic renewal by selecting Manage App Subscriptions in your iTunes Account settings and selecting the subscription you want to modify.
- Added link to Merlin Project discussion forum to the help menu.
- Improved general stability.
- Syncing Merlin Project files with a Mac running Dropbox 160.4.4703 or later did not always work.
- The option "Resize Columns" on project view report modules did not always work.
- The report view did not scroll when hovering over a report module.
- The layout of the print panel was broken, when more than three lines of text were entered as header or footer.
- In the print panel, the colors of header and footer texts could be wrong in dark mode.
- Opening the style editor via the context menu did not always pre-select a matching style condition.
Ratings and Reviews
I find that it can be a bit of a fiddle to setup an output view of a schedule when compared to other similar products. Seems to lack the ability to easily collabrate with others.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. There are various ways to collaborate with others, our support can help you further: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Complicated Made Easy
Having used several other scheduling software, I can say that Merlin Project, with a few hours spent carefully working through tutorials, is an amazing application chock full of versatility. There are so many ways the software can be customized to one's unique situation, and unlike some of the other competing applications, Merlin Project makes this possible in a logical, user-friendly way. I appreciate how what could be a bloated application with options upon options is highly organized in a graphically pleasing manner. I'll need to spend more time using Merlin Project to give more specific feedback, but at this point, about the only major thing I feel could use improvement is the tutorial library. The tutorials could do a better job of demonstrating how to use the software through real-life applications instead of just simply stating what a button or command does...if that makes sense.
Developer Response ,
Awesome K_Eric_C! Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback regarding the things you like in the app and will work on creating more and better tutorial content.
Best of Class
Merlin is indeed magical. The ProjectWizards have been supporting and improving Merlin for years. This is not a side project or one of many focuses; this is their main focus.
The addition of integrated of Kanban boards is just one example of their commitment to adapting and improving.
And while they've moved to a subscription model, the pricing is very reasonable from the start, less than what one mght expect for upgrade pricing.
I like the fact that I can host data (my data, not theirs) locally on my computer, in my cloud space, and/or on my local server (using thier server software).
Their is a ton of new cloud-based subscription competition called "project management", which is really a jumbled overpriced mess where your data is held on someone elses server, with limited portabilty, and no access if you lose or simply are not connected to the internet. That's a disaster waiting to happen if you really need project management software and use it continuously.
The abiltiy to move projects to your own cloud service and later to a local server is a big reason the reason to start your projects using Merlin.
Looking forward to updated mnaulas and tutorials,
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much Dancingbrook. We are glad you like the app, its features, and our commitment. Be assured, your review increases our motivation even more :-)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ProjectWizards GmbH
- 36.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © ProjectWizards GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $16.99
- Annual Subscription $169.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.