With Messenger Kids...
Parents Have More Control
* Parents approve every contact, so kids can chat in a safer, more controlled environment.
* Parents can remove any contact at any time
* Parents can use sleep mode to set times when their child cannot use the app.
* Messages don't disappear and can't be hidden in case parents would like to check in.
* There are no ads or in-app purchases, and the app is free to download.
Kids Have More Fun
* Kid-appropriate stickers, GIFs, frames and emojis help kids creatively express themselves.
* One-on-one or group video calls come to life with fun, interactive masks.
* The feature-filled camera lets kids create videos and decorate photos to share with loved ones.
Works with Messenger
* Parents and parent-approved adults chat with kids through Messenger.
* Works on all tablets and smartphones.
* No phone number is needed - you only need Wi-Fi.
Made Safer for Kids
* Creating a Messenger Kids account for a child does not create a Facebook account for them.
* Parents and guardians use their own Facebook accounts to create a Messenger Kids account for their child.
* Kids have the option to report or block contacts and report inappropriate content. If a child submits a report, their parent or guardian will be notified.
* We're always working to improve Messenger Kids. If you'd like to share any feedback with us or for more information, visit messengerkids.com.
Thank you for using Messenger Kids! We are continuously updating and improving the app to make it an even better experience for kids and their families.
Ratings and Reviews
Contacts list parents can see is faulty
First of all, it’s not easy figuring out how to delete contacts or add new ones once you have finished initial set up. When I finally figured it out (I had to google it, after I tried downloading the app directly onto my phone to see it I could access parental controls that way), finding out that you access this control from you Facebook account, the contact lists for my two kids were not showing all their contacts. I know this because there were a few relatives I was specifically looking for to delete (not for bad reasons on their part, but just because my kids were bugging them a lot), and they show up on the app for my kids, but not for me to delete from my end.
I had to go out of the parental controls for each of my kids and then back in again several times and each time a new contact that previously had not shown up, showed up. It’s really weird. And even still on one of my kids accounts, from my end, it says she does not have her dad as a contact, but I know she does as she messages him all the time on there. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP!
My kids love this.. but literally NO boundaries
I have had this app for ONE day and my phone is nonstop blowing up. I have turned all notifications off (which I’d rather not have to do) However. There is not any type of a silent mode or an option to not contact the kids at a certain time. Even with zero notifications my phone keeps going off with all of the phone calls coming in from my child’s friends. Like 10x/minute. It is way too much. I have found myself logging on asking my daughters friends to please respect that it is bedtime. There needs to be some boundaries on this app! Like there should be a “do not disturb” option and also a function that requires parents permission for FaceTiming. Giving them access to chat at any time with friends is a complete invasion of privacy. My daughter respects it once I catch on that she’s FaceTiming.. but I should be able to allow the time frame when she has access to do it period. Already had a “moment” where I had to raise my voice and she’s literally FaceTiming with a friend.. who is in front of her parents.. and they heard everything. Beyond uncomfortable knowing that our privacy is invaded by kids that are just doing what the app allows them to get away with. More boundaries please or this thing is getting deleted. It is overwhelming after day 1.
AMAZING but one thing
Ok first to all parents who say "oh no! This is bad for kids! Or this dance is not appropriate! Or why can't they go outside?" Well 1. Messenger KIDS would never make an innapropriate scene. The dance party pack the one that's so called "innapropriate" is just a figure holding because he needs to go to the bathroom!! 2. Well parents the world is getting more dangerous. There are shootings, kidnappings and more. Hence, more kids need adult supervision. So your can't go and knock on their door and say hey want to play? But messenger kids let's then talk and have a social life! Not one holed up in a room playing FORTNITE, but talking! It makes your child HAPPY! And isn't their happiness more important than your silly opinion on an APP. If it's safe and fun, which it is, get it!
But if messenger sees this when my friends text me I don't get notified. Only one of my friends and a few family I get notified.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 226 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Indonesian, Malay, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Facebook
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.