With Messenger Kids...
Parents Have More Control
* Parents approve every contact, so kids can chat in a safer, more controlled environment.
* Parents can remove any contact at any time
* Parents can use sleep mode to set times when their child cannot use the app.
* Messages don't disappear and can't be hidden in case parents would like to check in.
* There are no ads or in-app purchases, and the app is free to download.
Kids Have More Fun
* Kid-appropriate stickers, GIFs, frames and emojis help kids creatively express themselves.
* One-on-one or group video calls come to life with fun, interactive masks.
* The feature-filled camera lets kids create videos and decorate photos to share with loved ones.
Works with Messenger
* Parents and parent-approved adults chat with kids through Messenger.
* Works on all tablets and smartphones.
* No phone number is needed - you only need Wi-Fi.
Made Safer for Kids
* Creating a Messenger Kids account for a child does not create a Facebook account for them.
* Parents and guardians use their own Facebook accounts to create a Messenger Kids account for their child.
* Kids have the option to report or block contacts and report inappropriate content. If a child submits a report, their parent or guardian will be notified.
* We're always working to improve Messenger Kids. If you'd like to share any feedback with us or for more information, visit messengerkids.com.
Thank you for using Messenger Kids! We are continuously updating and improving the app to make it an even better experience for kids and their families.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app but a few things that could be fixed
I love this game . It allows me to talk to my friend with out having a phone number . Also when I'm on vacation in Florida with my grandma , I can chat with my parents back home . But , there is a couple of problems I face with this app . One of them is , the missions . When I got the app at first it had a couple of missions like taking a picture or something . Once I finished all of the missions , I had to wait a little while for some more . But since then there haven't been any for several months . Sometimes I go up to the missions tab to see if there are any more for me to complete . But there haven't been for a long time now . Another problem I get when I use this app is sometimes when I face time a family member or friend , I lose something like the ability to see or hear the person I'm talking to . But it isn't just with me . When I was playing Roblox with a friend while on a call ( which actually works ! ) she started to not beable to hear me but i could hear her perfectly fine. But if Facebook messanger could fix this . Thier ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️rating will be on it’s way .
Great app this is my favorite app ever !
Messager kids is a great game to contact your friends and have fun when you are alone or like on vacation . It’s very fun to video chat with my friends online the most . I live in Massachusetts and my bestfriend lives in Delaware where I used to live and we haven’t seen each other in like three years so Messager kids made me happy and I got to chat and video chat with my bestie that I have’s seen in while. That’s made me happy ! I also get to chat with my grandparents and that also made me happy . I love setting up pictures to post to everyone that is on my contacts and then they say it’s funny. That’s really fun to do . It’s really fun to be able to text and video chat at the same time , it’s funny to text weird things to my bestie when we’re video chatting so then we try to say what it said . It is like this what we text when we video chat: dndnhdgdhsjgdvx . I know it’s weird right?! The thing I like the most about messenger kids is that we can video chat and talk to our family and friends when we can’t actually text on messages. I’m only 10 and I can’t text on messages . Thank you for reading this review and you did a great job and thought of this app .
- Violet m. Ps . Take off the pet thing it’s not that good. . 😊 thank you !
My kids love this.. but literally NO boundaries
I have had this app for ONE day and my phone is nonstop blowing up. I have turned all notifications off (which I’d rather not have to do) However. There is not any type of a silent mode or an option to not contact the kids at a certain time. Even with zero notifications my phone keeps going off with all of the phone calls coming in from my child’s friends. Like 10x/minute. It is way too much. I have found myself logging on asking my daughters friends to please respect that it is bedtime. There needs to be some boundaries on this app! Like there should be a “do not disturb” option and also a function that requires parents permission for FaceTiming. Giving them access to chat at any time with friends is a complete invasion of privacy. My daughter respects it once I catch on that she’s FaceTiming.. but I should be able to allow the time frame when she has access to do it period. Already had a “moment” where I had to raise my voice and she’s literally FaceTiming with a friend.. who is in front of her parents.. and they heard everything. Beyond uncomfortable knowing that our privacy is invaded by kids that are just doing what the app allows them to get away with. More boundaries please or this thing is getting deleted. It is overwhelming after day 1.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 208 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Indonesian, Spanish, Thai, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Facebook
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.