* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
We update the app regularly so that we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and Reviews
Glitching? Messing up..
I’ve never had technical issues with Messenger ever! But recently I have been. The Nicknames I give people will be there and then out of know where go back to their regular name. And the chat colors will be a solid color when I have it as the multi colors option...and when I go to nicknames I’ll have a Nickname from what somebody else has given me, not the Nickname the person I’m talking to at the moment gave me...if that makes sense? Sorry kinda hard to explain. So I kept thinking it was because I had to Update Messenger but it says every time it has already Updated. Just wondered if I was the only one dealing with this problem or if it’s possible to get this issue fixed...I’ve Uninstalled Messenger, Installed it again AND turned my phone off for 10-15min, turn it back on to see if that would fix it and it’s still all messed up...
Just hoping to have this fixed ASAP!
Perfect if you set it up and use it correctly
To all the people complaining about privacy and notifications and Messenger isn’t a dating app.... Simple solution, USE THE SETTINGS!! Set it up to not automatically login when you open the app. Set it up to not accept requests from strangers, that means on Facebook also. Set your privacy to friends only on Facebook, NOT PUBLIC!! Set up groups for your friends list, meaning 1 for family and 1 for friends and 1 for game friends etc and then set separate notifications for each. Set up the Do Not Disturb option on your device for evenings, only allowing family members etc to go through.
But stop blaming an app that you’re not using properly!! Don’t want people contacting you for a hookup, then change your privacy settings to FRIENDS ONLY!! Not friends of friends and absolutely not PUBLIC. This app has all the safety and privacy settings you could want, all you need to do is actually use them!
Not Horrible but Has Issues
Although I have connected with some amazing people through this app and love the fact that I can connect with people all over the world this app is not a dating app and people need to be respectful of that. I’m not on messenger to hook up with people and receive numerous messages and random calls from people during all times of the day and night. I do understand I can shut my phone off or use my sleep setting on my phone but have had a parent experiencing some health issues and don’t want to shut my phone down as I may need to take a call or message at anytime. The other thing I don’t like is that people know the second I connect to Facebook or messenger and become active on the sight. Sometimes I just jump on to check something out for business purposes and get bombarded with messages. It would be nice to have the ability to get online without the world knowing I’m there.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 278.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.