* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In efforts to make it easier to connect with businesses on Messenger, we are focusing on more contextual ways to connect with businesses, such as the search feature and advertising surfaces. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Glitching? Messing up..
I’ve never had technical issues with Messenger ever! But recently I have been. The Nicknames I give people will be there and then out of know where go back to their regular name. And the chat colors will be a solid color when I have it as the multi colors option...and when I go to nicknames I’ll have a Nickname from what somebody else has given me, not the Nickname the person I’m talking to at the moment gave me...if that makes sense? Sorry kinda hard to explain. So I kept thinking it was because I had to Update Messenger but it says every time it has already Updated. Just wondered if I was the only one dealing with this problem or if it’s possible to get this issue fixed...I’ve Uninstalled Messenger, Installed it again AND turned my phone off for 10-15min, turn it back on to see if that would fix it and it’s still all messed up...
Just hoping to have this fixed ASAP!
A couple things need to be fixed
There needs to be a better notification when someone you’re not friends with messages you. Message requests are banished to an unintuitive corner of the screen where they are too easily overlooked. This is a huge problem for networking and connecting with members of your groups.
Lately when I’ve been opening conversation threads on the app, I find the text from the last message I sent duplicated in the composition bubble. The message was sent, but the app copied and kept the text. Just annoying.
When communicating with marketplace buyers, the thread is always labeled with my name first and then the product. This is really confusing, especially when I’ve responded to more than one listing. I open the app and it’s just lines of my name. Makes it hard to distinguish between conversations. Please alter it so that I can see the name of the person I’m talking to- or no name at all, just the item description.
Otherwise, rare glitches and good phone quality. I use this app constantly and it is very reliable, kept up to date, and is worth having.
An anonymity switch
In general terms I am content with messenger. I mainly use it to have individual contact with someone and where I can leave personal information, like phone number, address, and the like. I realize I could use email for that, but it requires leaving the app and going into another part of the computer. (I am not a techy, so I don’t know the right words for things, but I hope you get it.).
The one thing I lack on a daily basis, or wish I had the option to do, is get on messenger without the whole world seeing I am on at that moment. As soon as I open messenger I get messages and while I am grateful for the friends, I would really like to just have time to read my messages and respond without being seen until I am ready. This would be a HUGE IMPROVEMENT on this site! Thanks for taking this under advisement. I’m sure there are others that feel the same way!
- Facebook, Inc.
- 277.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.