* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In efforts to make it easier to connect with businesses on Messenger, we are focusing on more contextual ways to connect with businesses, such as the search feature and advertising surfaces. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Glitching? Messing up..
I’ve never had technical issues with Messenger ever! But recently I have been. The Nicknames I give people will be there and then out of know where go back to their regular name. And the chat colors will be a solid color when I have it as the multi colors option...and when I go to nicknames I’ll have a Nickname from what somebody else has given me, not the Nickname the person I’m talking to at the moment gave me...if that makes sense? Sorry kinda hard to explain. So I kept thinking it was because I had to Update Messenger but it says every time it has already Updated. Just wondered if I was the only one dealing with this problem or if it’s possible to get this issue fixed...I’ve Uninstalled Messenger, Installed it again AND turned my phone off for 10-15min, turn it back on to see if that would fix it and it’s still all messed up...
Just hoping to have this fixed ASAP!
Just updated so we’ll see...BUT...
So, just updated after a year hoping you had fixed all the flaws. It is only worse. People, believe the horrid reviews. Regarding the freezing and force closing if I have something else using data, NOW I CANNOT TYPE A SINGLE LINE in messenger. You DO realize people multitask and require their phones to have multiple apps open simultaneously?!?! (I have a phone with the biggest memory available, and am using nowhere near its capacity). Top tech giant my patooty! This is SUCH a major fail. I do NOT have this issue with ANY other apps regardless of what they are. And none of my other messaging apps have this issue! Rather, they are FLAWLESS! I really wish I could get my friends and business associates on the other apps out there who have developers who do their dang JOBS. YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC. I would say something else but my review would get deleted. Thinking of restoring from back up because at least then I can go back to typing 3 lines of text before having to start over.
This is from at least a year ago. And not fixed. Still can’t find my games 6 months later. This app is pitiful. Just lousy. If I have ANYTHING else open using data, I can only type 3 lines worth of text and it freezes, force closes etc. Updated so we’ll see how it goes. Keeping the 1 star until I have tested it for a week.
A couple things need to be fixed
There needs to be a better notification when someone you’re not friends with messages you. Message requests are banished to an unintuitive corner of the screen where they are too easily overlooked. This is a huge problem for networking and connecting with members of your groups.
Lately when I’ve been opening conversation threads on the app, I find the text from the last message I sent duplicated in the composition bubble. The message was sent, but the app copied and kept the text. Just annoying.
When communicating with marketplace buyers, the thread is always labeled with my name first and then the product. This is really confusing, especially when I’ve responded to more than one listing. I open the app and it’s just lines of my name. Makes it hard to distinguish between conversations. Please alter it so that I can see the name of the person I’m talking to- or no name at all, just the item description.
Otherwise, rare glitches and good phone quality. I use this app constantly and it is very reliable, kept up to date, and is worth having.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 280.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.