Learn and practice the individual steps of 30 important biochemical pathways!
• Learn and practice the individual steps of 30 important biochemical pathways (e. g. citrate cycle, urea cycle, pentose phosphate pathway, glycolysis, gluconeogenesis and others)
• The metabolites and the enzymes of a pathway are arranged randomly and can be brought into the correct order by drag and drop. This makes it easier to learn the correct order of the pathway.
• The correctness of the chosen arrangement, as well as the correct solution can be displayed at any time.
• The operation is self-explanatory and intuitively understandable.
• This app is aimed at students of biochemistry, medicine, biology, chemistry, biotechnology and pharmacy.
• Learn more than 300 metabolites from 30 different biochemical metabolic pathways: Aldosterone Synthesis, Amino acid Degradation, Amino acid Synthesis, Arg-Pro-Gln Degradation, Beta oxidation, C4 pathway, Calvin cycle, Chorismate Synthesis, Citric acid cycle, Cortisol Synthesis, Epinephrine Synthesis, Fatty acid synthesis, Fructose Metabolism, Gluconeogenesis, Glutathione Synthesis, Glycolysis, Glyoxylate cycle, Heme Degradation, Heme Synthesis, Histidine Degradation, IMP-AMP Degradation, Ketogenesis, Ketone bodies Synthesis, Pentose phosphate pathway, Phe-Tyr Synthesis, Phenylalanine Degradation, Testosterone Synthesis, Threonine Degradation, Urea cycle, XMP-GMP Degradation, Mevalonate pathway, Squalene Synthesis and Cholesterol Biosynthesis.
• You can display the name of the metabolite or its structural formula.
• You can display the name of the enzyme or its EC number.
• The structural formulas of the metabolites can be zoomed by double tap gesture or by press-and-hold gesture, in order to reveal details. The names of the metabolites and enzymes can be zoomed in the same way.
• No registration is required.
• No telemetry data are recorded!
This update contains minor bug fixes.
If you have questions or suggestions for improvements, please do not hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Has potential to be Great!
After developer’s response to my previous post and combination with full metabolic chart that i found online, this app actually helped out a lot.
👩💻So if you’re a developer and reading this👨💻, please add some feature where we can zoom out (or pan-out) and see where these metabolic by-products go next and combined with other metabolic processes and specially if it takes place in certain organs (liver, kidney...) or in certain cell organelles (golgi apparatus, nucleus, mitochondria...) and if so, i’m willing to spend at least $10 on this app (as an in-app purchase...or a “pro-app”)
Also, it’ll be great if we can search for an enzyme (please make this happen🥺
Overall i want to apologize for my previous harsh post and i want to thank the developers for getting back at me so soon. I was only able to understand what discription meant after i played with an app. i did change it from a 2⭐️ to a 4⭐️ but i would love to give it a 5⭐️ for at least one of the add-on feature (full metabolic chart and or enzymatic search) 😘
*👇my initial post in which i was dead wrong in because of my high expectation 👇*
It’s hard to find a specific enzyme unless you know where to find it or where it’s synthesized. 😞 not worth $4.99 maybe $1.99 and that’s a big maybe...
Developer Response ,
Sorry you didn't like the app.
However, the criticism is not convincing.
In the description of the app nothing of a possibility to search for enzymes is mentioned. In contrast, it is clearly described that you can select a pathway and drag and drop the corresponding metabolites and enzymes into the correct order or just display the solution directly.
This app is rather intended for practicing theoretical knowledge and not as a substitute for a biochemical textbook!
To search for enzymes, we recommend using specific databases such as Kegg or BioCyc.
The worth and the calculated price of an app is based on the development costs and potentially existing competitor products and is in this case rather too low than too high.
Apple also offers a very trouble-free and easy way to cancel iTunes purchases. You don't need to specify any reasons why you want to revoke your purchase. Please contact Apple directly to cancel your purchase.
Okay practice not great
The product has some great potential but only really helps if you are just practicing rather than learning. Developer: it would be great if for example all substrates or all enzymes could be removed and the user type them in depending on their choice. Or the other aspects like atp and water could be manipulated as well. And if there was a section to test knowledge of chemical structure and name as well. Currently all the app allows is to shuffle the components and you have to place it back in order. To learn the pathways I just used pen and paper to copy the path until I knew enough to begin omitting aspects. I feel something like that would be helpful for me personally
dont buy it
if you r a medical student want to learn something practical, don‘t buy it, too shallow.
Developer Response ,
Sorry that you did not like the app.
However, the criticism is not constructive and not substantial.
The app is developed for learning and repeating metabolic pathways. It is not meant to replace biochemical or medical textbooks.
Although you rated the app very poorly, you still haven't returned it and got your money back.
Apple offers a very trouble-free and easy way to cancel iTunes purchases:
Go to: https://reportaproblem.apple.com/, find the app, click on the Report a Problem button, and select the options from the dropdowns.
You don't need to specify any reasons why you want to revoke your purchase.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Volker Egelhofer
- 12.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Dr. Egelhofer
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.