Metagrid is a perfect companion for all creative Mac/Windows users who work with complex software like graphic suites, digital audio workstations or video-editing software. It enables you to streamline your workflow and control your favourite apps on Mac/Windows directly from your iPads (up to 4 devices at the same time) by sending:
- keyboard shortcuts
- MIDI notes
- MIDI CCs
- MIDI Program Changes
- powerful macros
Metagrid is shipped with ready-to-use predefined view sets for popular creative apps like Illustrator, Photoshop, Protools, Logic X Pro, Digital Performer, Final Cut, Cubase, Studio One for Mac as well as Cubase, Digital Performer and Studio One for Windows. We will be adding more content for Windows soon.
Metagrid features deep integration with popular DAW applications including Logic Pro X, Cubase, Digital Performer, Studio One, Ableton Live, Reaper and Dorico. You can choose from complete sets of commands available for these applications directly on your iPad and in no time assign them to your buttons.
Metagrid detects the application that is in focus on your computer and automatically displays the appropriate defined viewset. For custom views you can select several view sizes (from 6 up to 110 buttons).
Metagrid features hundreds of icons with dedicated sets for Illustrator, Photoshop, Protools, Final Cut, Digital Performer, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Studio One and Dorico.
Metagrid can connect to your Mac/Windows computer through WiFi network and/or USB port.
- iPad device with iOS 10.x or later
- a computer running OSX 10.9/ Windows 7 and later with installed Metaserver application which can be downloaded from our website (www.metasystem.io)
Metagrid 1.5.3 brings the following hot fixes:
- Metagrid no longer crashing on accessing the View Editor for Digital Performer viewset
- Metagrid no longer crashing on the third screen of the What’s New onboarding tutorial
- MIDI Channel parameter displayed on the action block is no longer offset by 1
- The bottom row of buttons is no longer truncated when the scene bar is hidden
Metagrid freezes on older devices with iOS10 (the app freezes after selecting the computer for connection) - we have implemented some probable fixes but this issue is still under investigation. We are working hard to deliver the complete fix. Thanks for your patience.
Metagrid 1.5 is finally here heavily loaded with great new functions and improvements:
– Import/export buttons, views and viewsets through Dropbox
– Import/export entire Metagrid database through Dropbox for backup purposes
– Support for Dorico application (over 400 music related icons based on the Bravura font, app-specific commands and the dedicated viewset created by the Metasystem team that can be downloaded from Metasystem user forum)
– Support for Ableton Live app-specific commands through dedicated control surface device
– Support for UACC (Universal Articulation Controller Channel) support for Spitfire Audio librar- ies
– Omni Space functionality
– Universal app-lock functionality
– Manual network connection setup
– Over 1000 new icons
– New view editor screen
– New button editor screen
– New action editor screen
– New connection screen
To use Metagrid 1.5 go to our website and download the latest Metaserver version for your platform
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Requires MetaServer running on the computer
What is mentioned in the description here in the requirements is that you need to run an application on your computer, Metaserver, to make this work. Which isn’t a problem, but the current version on their website is not notarized and will not run under Catalina unless you bypass the security check. The developer responded that they are in the process of getting this app notarized.
It looks like an interesting app, so I am giving it 4 stars as a place holder, giving them the benefit of the doubt. I will update when they get the notarization.
Amazing for Cubase!
Got the app a few days ago and I do not regret it! I was skeptical initially due to the price and was also considering other control surfaces and apps.
There really aren’t any control surfaces at a reasonable price except MCU ones which are, meh. Other apps seemed either too limited in customization/functionality or too cumbersome to set up.
This app was super easy to set up and customize. There are extensive icon sets so that you can make everything look really professional.
Only thing that I think is missing is the ability to edit scenes and layouts “offline” or when you are not connected to your computer.
App is responsive and seems to be very stable so far!
Film score composers rejoice
I’ve been using MetaGrid on my arsenal of iPads for awhile now. My main DAW is Digital Performer and support for DP is excellent. And MetaGrid also works for any app it recognizes. The Finder, Preview, FCPX, Finale, Notion, and many others.
The default DP Bindings are great, but you can also create your own interface. One of the best features currently is the ability to create macros. For instance, with the touch of one button you can start a batch command process, which is brillant. Talk about enhancing your workflow!
There’s a lot to say about Metagrid. I could write for an hour. But suffice to say this is a must have app if you’re a DAW power user. Buy now, thank me later.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.