Meet Metapad - a powerful and flexible gesture-based controller that enables you to control any application on your Mac/PC with actions assigned to intuitive gestures. Use your muscle memory and trigger various types of actions on your computer with tap, pan and swipe gestures right on your iPhone. Enjoy immersive visual, auditory and haptic feedback on each performed gesture. Create multi-step macros to make your work faster and more enjoyable. Integrate your iPhone with popular DAW software and access thousands of DAW-specific commands directly on your iPhone. So turn your iPhone into an elegant and advanced touchpad and tap into gesture-enabled workflow!
HERE IS WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE METAPAD:
- WiFi/USB connectivity
- Mac/Win support
- four gesture types (tap, double tap, pan and swipe) with multiple finger layouts and four gesture layers gives you access to 240 assignable gesture variations for each application on your computer
- immersive feedback on each gesture (gesture type, actions info, haptic feedback during pan gestures)
- keyboard shortcuts, text and various MIDI actions
- multi-step macros with pause command
- deep integration with popular DAW software (Cubase, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Studio One, Digital Performer and Reaper)
- configurable workspaces for your favourite applications
- predefined workspaces for Cubase, Logic Pro X, Live, Studio One, Sketch, Xcode and other popular applications
- auto-sync/import/export through Dropbox for your custom gesture sets and macros
- automatic workspace switching depending on which application is in focus on your computer
- auto-lock functionality that enables Metapad to control the chosen application even if it is not in focus on your computer
Hi Folks! Here we go with the next update that brings the following:
- PC values are now present as 1-128 instead of 1-127
- app no longer crashes on app-specific command edit for Cubase
- correct MIDI messages are sent for all Cubase user macro items
- Cubase macro item list now features 400 items on all machines
Ratings and Reviews
Please make an iPad version of this for more touch surface area!
Disastrous with Digital Performer 10
I tried using this app to control Digital Performer10.11, because it had built-in support for DP.
It’s attractive and seems well-designed. But when I try a simple trigger for Transport-Slow Forward, DP hangs in an unstoppable loop, scrolling forward until you force-quit.
There are other examples of triggers not quite working correctly, but this is the most dramatic.
Also, to be fair, the gesture control language is clever, but I’d rather have a Metagrid-style control board on my iPhone, which I was hoping Metapad would support; it does not.
I think I’ll have to switch to TouchOSC instead.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Przemek Mieszkowski
- 33.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Przemysław Mieszkowski
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.