Metapho is a powerful tool for photo enthusiasts who want to take care of their photo metadata.
• Viewing Metadata •
- Open photo files or folders
- See essential EXIF data of a photo
- Get photo location and lens direction on the map
- View raw metadata in dictionary format, which can be copied to the clipboard
• Editing Metadata •
- Safe Share: Remove geotag and personal data before sharing
- Remove Metadata: Erase/Restore metadata without duplication
- Date Edit: Change the date and time of a photo
- Location Edit: Add or change geolocation data of a photo
- Batch Operation: Edit multiple items’ metadata at once
- Multiple Exporting Options: Save as a new copy or replace the original with a new version
• Photos Library Support •
- Browse all your photos in iCloud Photo Library
- Store edited versions in your Photos Library or export them
- Work with multi-window Photos Library
Metapho also supports HEIC, DNG, CR2, NEF, 3FR, Live Photos, and videos.
• Pricing •
Metapho requires a subscription or one-time purchase. Yearly subscription comes with a free trial. An active subscription or one-time unlock lets you use the app on Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
• Extended subscription grace period in the event of billing issues
• [iOS] Improves functionality of the 'Save As…' feature via title button tap
• [iOS] The 'Save As…' feature now supports files too
• Fixes a performance issue that occurred during horizontal navigation of downloadable iCloud Drive files
• [iOS] Fixes a layout issue with the Metapho Action, where the layout would reset itself after the Action extension appeared on screen
• Fixes metadata editing issues for certain HEIC images with multiple XMP entries
• Requires macOS 13 or later
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app but can’t select and copy the camera info
I really do like the app, it’s clearly a labor of love by the developer(s). Plenty of key features make this a great app. I have only one other feature I wish it had; the ability to copy the camera metadata so I can paste the text elsewhere in apps on my phone (like notes and in social media post comments accompanying my photographs). Other photographers are often interested in the camera, iso and other camera settings but aren’t going to dig into the exif data embedded into the photo to find that info. That addition would make the posting workflow so much easier. It’d be a five star app for me.
Nice app, if you don’t want to share your info!
I’ve been using Metapho for a couple years, seems like and wow, they’re all over the app with consistent update frequency. Their customer service (if you need, you won’t) is quick and easy to follow their instructions if applicable. It does allow for deep metadata cleaning as well. While it’ll take a bit more space - it does what it claims aplomb. And the $3 ‘support donation’ (I wouldn’t call this an IAP, in reality software and programs that were this capable were a ‘c note!’ If available, and could be only run on a desktop machine with plenty of power and time. Today, for a three dollar bill it’s done in milliseconds, hardly noticeable anything was done!!
It was and it does. I was skeptical initially and emailed myself as well as downloaded from my FTP site several JPEG TIFF & other formats including slide scan files and analog snaps of a couple hundred albums for the family. I use it as a data ‘filler’ usually but I’ve definitely benefited from the app in situations where the metadata isn’t something I want shared with the snap
Keep up the excellent work, it’s an indispensable app for those who want or need its ability to scramble, eliminate or all together make the metadata disappear
I don’t have the paid version, I don’t need it. But I’ve been using it for I think years and it’s always worked perfectly. Great if your an amateur and you just want to check the pixel dimensions of an image from iMessage or sms or if your a pro who’s importing DSLR photos and need to see your EV when studying your shots on the go. Like another review said, Apple is lacking by not having this natively and this app perfectly makes up for it. (Google photos also shows some of the exif data I believe so some people probably use that) Also it’s perfect because you can see the data in the Apple photos app: click share (box with arrow) and then select Metapho even if you aren’t sending it but just to view. (You can select multiple at once and the interface is the same as in the app BRILLIANT!) Customize to put Metapho close to the top of the share options list to streamline the workflow :)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zininworks Inc.
- 6.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Zininworks, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $19.99
- One-Time Purchase $59.99
- One-Time Purchase $99.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.