Metapho is a simple and clean viewer for photo metadata such as date, file name, size, camera model, shutter speed, and location.
Metapho Action app extension lets you check metadata of a photo, and export the file without metadata, from anywhere iOS share sheet is available.
• Viewing Metadata •
- Browse all your photos in iCloud Photo Library
- See essential EXIF data of a photo
- Get photo location and lens direction on the map
- View raw metadata in dictionary format, which can be copied to clipboard
- Apply filters to your library such as favorites, location-ness, and creation dates
• Editing Metadata •
- Safe Share: Remove geotag and personal data before sharing
- Remove Metadata: Erase/Restore metadata without duplication
- Date Edit: Change date and time of a photo
- Location Edit: Add or change geolocation data of a photo
- Batch Operation: Edit multiple items’ metadata at once
- Multiple Exporting Options: Save as a new copy or replace original with a new version
• Files Support •
- Add a bookmark of a file or a folder in Files app
- Remove or change image metadata of files directly with editing in-place
- Read and write items in folders shared by Files app such as iCloud Drive, external storage, SMB server, and more
Metapho also supports Live Photos and videos.
*Note: Remove Metadata, Date Edit, and Location Edit are premium features, require one-time “Unlock Everything” in–app purchase.
• Support for iOS 16
• Fixes a bug where calendar view was obscured in Date Edit (Yay Khoi!)
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app, if you don’t want to share your info!
I’ve been using Metapho for a couple years, seems like and wow, they’re all over the app with consistent update frequency. Their customer service (if you need, you won’t) is quick and easy to follow their instructions if applicable. It does allow for deep metadata cleaning as well. While it’ll take a bit more space - it does what it claims aplomb. And the $3 ‘support donation’ (I wouldn’t call this an IAP, in reality software and programs that were this capable were a ‘c note!’ If available, and could be only run on a desktop machine with plenty of power and time. Today, for a three dollar bill it’s done in milliseconds, hardly noticeable anything was done!!
It was and it does. I was skeptical initially and emailed myself as well as downloaded from my FTP site several JPEG TIFF & other formats including slide scan files and analog snaps of a couple hundred albums for the family. I use it as a data ‘filler’ usually but I’ve definitely benefited from the app in situations where the metadata isn’t something I want shared with the snap
Keep up the excellent work, it’s an indispensable app for those who want or need its ability to scramble, eliminate or all together make the metadata disappear
I don’t have the paid version, I don’t need it. But I’ve been using it for I think years and it’s always worked perfectly. Great if your an amateur and you just want to check the pixel dimensions of an image from iMessage or sms or if your a pro who’s importing DSLR photos and need to see your EV when studying your shots on the go. Like another review said, Apple is lacking by not having this natively and this app perfectly makes up for it. (Google photos also shows some of the exif data I believe so some people probably use that) Also it’s perfect because you can see the data in the Apple photos app: click share (box with arrow) and then select Metapho even if you aren’t sending it but just to view. (You can select multiple at once and the interface is the same as in the app BRILLIANT!) Customize to put Metapho close to the top of the share options list to streamline the workflow :)
Still worth keeping around, even with iOS 15
When iOS 15 first came out and I saw it had native metadata viewing, I naively thought I could delete Metaphoto (have been using for years). Apple’s implementation is much worse. For starters, it only works in Photos. Compared to Metaphoto that works anywhere there’s the share button (I use it in Messages all the time).
Apple also frequently has the focal length field blank for photos imported to my library from my canon, even while Metaphoto can accurately show me all the fields.
Metaphoto is simply a must-have for any photographer.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zininworks Inc.
- 6.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Zininworks, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.