Metatext is a free, modern, open source, and accessible Mastodon client.
- Multiple accounts: You can add multiple accounts and even use several accounts simultaneously with iPad multitasking.
- Emoji: Metatext has a searchable custom emoji picker and supports animated custom emoji.
- Timeline management: Metatext remembers your home timeline position and can load gaps in either direction
- Mastodon features: Metatext supports most Mastodon features including lists, profile directory, and syncing filters
- Accessibility: Metatext supports VoiceOver, Dynamic Type, dark mode, and motion reduction.
- Private: No tracking or any information shared with third parties.
What is Mastodon? It's the social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization. Check out joinmastodon.org for more info.
Follow @email@example.com for updates!
- Fixed emoji placement on iOS 15
- Fixed notification ordering issue
Ratings and Reviews
Great overall but…
It’s the best looking mastodon app I’ve used so far, but it still bothers me with some minor issues, first was it seems couldn’t remember the view location of the last time when it’s being closed, so when I open it after a while and will just load the latest toots, not ideal. And then when it does open at the last time it’s being closed, it would only get so few toots that I need to tab “load more” every 10 toots or so, quite annoying. Would love to see some fix on those, cuz it really works pretty great otherwise.
By far the best Mastodon client I've used
It's surprisingly hard to find a Mastodon client that supports image descriptions on iOS. Metatext supports them, and it's wonderful on top of that.
Everything works as expected- filters, content warnings, image descriptions, feeds/timelines, etc. The interface is clean and easy to understand, and there's no unnecessary fuss. The content takes center stage. The respect of privacy is also highly appreciated- thank you for both that and making it open source. Free apps that do either and are good quality are hard to find on the iOS store.
All around a fantastic client.
A pleasure to use
I’ve been using Metatext for a while and what I really like about it is I have no complaints. Clean and logical design that always works whether I’m posting a two word text update or a super long post with images and video and links to other Mastodon users. Conversations are threaded in a way that’s super easy to understand. And it’s just nice to have such a beautiful user experience that’s private and secure. Love it and I’m curious to see how things develop with each update because each time it just seems to be getting better and better.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Metabolist, LLC
- 30 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Metabolist