Would you like to know when the next meteor shower is? This app will display a list of upcoming meteor showers and the approximate date in which they will peak with specific details on each.
- Notification reminders to automatically notify you when the next shower is coming up!
- The upcoming sunrise or sunset time is shown at the top
- Optionally set day or night theme in the settings
- Conduct a web search within the app to read even more about each meteor shower such as its origins and many, many other details
- View details about the constellation that contains the shower's radiant and learn exactly where in the sky to watch for the shower
- See current Weather Forecast to get ready for the the upcoming conditions
- Shows the Phase of the Moon on the approximate meteor shower peak date!
Go out and enjoy looking at the sky!
FULL featured and ad supported. To remove ads and support development, please purchase the paid version of Meteor Shower Calendar. They contain the same features, just no ads in the paid version.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I would upgrade if I could
It’s a pretty basic app with a calendar feature that alerts you on upcoming celestial events. Cool. They even have an upgrade feature for meteor showers ($2.99) that I would actually buy but when you click “restore” to upgrade nothing happens. I can’t find the upgrade in the app store either. Oh well...
Info passible but ads stink
In my books, any app that allows spam advertising gets zero points. I'll put up with advertising, but trick ad banners that lead to unwanted sites are about as low as you can get. The program itself, while it does contain what appears to be accurate information, basically steals the fairly static data from Wikipedia. Even the links are simply to Google searches on a topic. For instance, tap the telescope looking icon and it sends you to a Google search on the word: "constellation." That's pretty cheesy. This looks more like a so called Windows 8.x store "app." It doesn't even belong in the Apple app store. Bottom line: down-voted to less than zero.
iOS 5 support, please!
Looks pretty good from the pictures, but I wasn't able to test it because it won't run on my 3GS, I'm on iOS 5. Please support that version, I'll definitely buy the full app. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.