Apple's iPad APP OF THE WEEK (UK and Ireland), March 2011
AppStore Rewind 2011, one of Apple's favourite iPhone finance apps of 2011 (UK and Ireland)
Closely monitor your household energy and water usage and the chances are you will SAVE MONEY!
This useful application makes it easy to monitor your household utility meters. Once you start entering readings, your usage, costs and savings are calculated and displayed in easy to visualise graphs.
- Monitor up to NINE separate meters, e.g. electricity, gas, water, solar ... etc
- Quick entry of readings, as often as you like
- Use the rear-facing torch/flashlight when reading your meters (if your device has one)
- Local reminders so you don't forget to enter your readings
- Displays usage and costs for the latest readings period, and compares this with your average or previous year
- Plots graphs of usage and costs per day, week, month, quarter or year, so that you can visualise changes over time, e.g. against the previous year
- Multiple colour themes (black, red, blue, green ... etc)
- Import historical readings from a CSV file
- Backup your data and sync it between devices by email, AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
- Export your readings as a CSV file for easy import into a spreadsheet
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
METERS, CURRENCY AND RATES
- User configurable units, so the app could be used for other types of measurement
- Support for meters that count up (e.g. electricity, gas, water ... etc), down (e.g. oil), or where your readings ARE your usage (e.g. broadband data, rainfall, height, weight, temperature ... etc)
- Uses the currency from your device's region setting, but you can override this per meter (e.g. for holiday homes)
- Handles a wide range of rates and charges, e.g. fixed or time based rates, per-unit rates, stepped rates for up to 12 levels, Economy 7/10, time of day meters ... etc
- Check your bills by comparing any pair of readings (e.g. those submitted to your supplier)
- View your usage and costs since your last bill, as well as an estimate of when and how much your next bill will be
POWER USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Support for rate changes, if/when you switch supplier or they change your rates
- Support for replacement meters, e.g. if your readings are reset
- Automatic backups
PRO USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Removes the restriction on meter numbers, e.g. for landlords, businesses and professionals
Please use the link to my support page from the AppStore page or from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/meters/.
Alternatively, contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
Added support for the iPhone 12 resolutions.
Changed the bar charts to better handle negative values.
Improved the predicted next bill date for 1, 2 and 3 month billing periods.
Fixed a rotation bug (iPhone only).
Ratings and Reviews
Really appreciate this app!!
I sincerely appreciate how much thought & time went into this app! I am grateful for the multiple options & features, however I wish I could directly communicate with the developer to provide some feedback & ideas that they might be interested in talking about. Looking forward to more upgrades & functionality in the next few months.
Developer Response ,
Every app’s AppStore page has a link to the developers support page. Also you can get there from the app itself, at the bottom of the settings screen.
Been using this app for a while in different homes, am very thankful, it is made to work, and it works great . I also contacted the developer very easy by writing an email, his reply was fast and on the spot.
Excellent support of a good app
I purchased this app to monitor a sub meter on an apartment that feeds off my main house meter. At first I had a bit of difficulty configuring the very complicated electric bill into this app. I contacted the developer who was very quick to respond. It is clear that he has put a lot of thought into this app and is going to continue to develop and evolve this app. It is very difficult to anticipate the needs of every user in every country and to adopt to different currencies and terminology and the complicated rules of different electric companies in different countries, but this developer is certainly doing everything possible to do so.
If you need to monitor your electric meter, this is the only app that really brings it all together to do that. I have looked at every single similar app available in the iTunes store and this is the only one that even comes close to doing what it claims. Highly recommended.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Graham Haley
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021, Graham Haley
- In-App Purchases
- Pro User $9.99
- Power User $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.