SALE - 50% OFF!
Apple's iPad APP OF THE WEEK (UK and Ireland), March 2011
AppStore Rewind 2011, one of Apple's favourite iPhone finance apps of 2011 (UK and Ireland)
Closely monitor your household energy and water usage and the chances are you will SAVE MONEY!
This useful application makes it easy to MONITOR your household utility meters. Once you start entering readings, your usage, costs and savings are calculated and displayed in easy to visualise graphs.
For UK users, you can also compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices in your area to see if you can SAVE EVEN MORE money. You can even switch suppliers directly from your device!
- Monitor up to NINE separate household meters, e.g. electricity, gas, water, solar ... etc
- Quick entry of readings, as often as you like
- Use the rear-facing torch/flashlight when reading your meters (if your device has one)
- Local reminders so you don't forget to enter your readings
- Displays usage and costs for the latest readings period, and compares this with your average or previous year
- Plots graphs of usage and costs per day, week, month, quarter or year, so that you can visualise changes over time, e.g. against the previous year
- Multiple colour themes (black, red, blue, green ... etc)
- Import historical readings from a CSV file
- Export readings as a CSV file for easy import into a spreadsheet
- Backup your data and sync it between devices by email, AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
METERS, CURRENCY AND RATES
- User configurable units, so the app could be used for other types of measurement
- Support for meters that count up (e.g. electricity, gas, water ... etc), down (e.g. oil, petrol/gas ... etc), or where your readings ARE your usage (e.g. broadband data)
- Uses the currency from your device's region setting, but you can override this per meter (e.g. for holiday homes)
- Handles a wide range of rates and charges, e.g. fixed or time based rates, per-unit rates, stepped rates for up to 12 levels, Economy 7/10, time of day meters ... etc
- Support for rate changes, if/when you switch supplier or they change your rates
- Check your bills by comparing any pair of readings (e.g. those submitted to your supplier)
- View your usage and costs since your last bill, as well as an estimate of when and how much your next bill will be
PRICE COMPARISON (UK only)
- Compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices for your postcode
- Completely independent tariff calculator from Energylinx, the UK's number 1 guide to utility prices
- Switch energy suppliers directly on your device, or email yourself a link to do it on a computer
PRO USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Removes the restriction on meter numbers, e.g. for landlords, businesses and professionals
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/meters/).
Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
Added more options for exporting readings and backup files, e.g. using AirDrop or directly to other apps.
Added a workaround for an iOS issue where the wrong decimal separator is used on the iPhone decimal number keypad. This prevented some users from entering detailed rates.
Note that you now require iOS 9 or above. Older versions (of iOS and the app) should continue to work, but you will no longer get updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Utility Usage Tracker!!!
I really like the depth & ease of use of this app. This is great for all different utility meters.
Excellent support of a good app
I purchased this app to monitor a sub meter on an apartment that feeds off my main house meter. At first I had a bit of difficulty configuring the very complicated electric bill into this app. I contacted the developer who was very quick to respond. It is clear that he has put a lot of thought into this app and is going to continue to develop and evolve this app. It is very difficult to anticipate the needs of every user in every country and to adopt to different currencies and terminology and the complicated rules of different electric companies in different countries, but this developer is certainly doing everything possible to do so.
If you need to monitor your electric meter, this is the only app that really brings it all together to do that. I have looked at every single similar app available in the iTunes store and this is the only one that even comes close to doing what it claims. Highly recommended.
Great little app! Excellent response from deveope!
What a handy little app! With electricity costs soaring (doubling in one month) during the summer months and the expectancy arrival of PG&E's "SmartMeter, I was trying to keep a daily log of kWh usage and project monthly cost using a fairly complicated multiple tier system. After stumbling across this program and trying to program the rate structure, the math from the program and those by handwritten calculations did not align. I sent Graham, the developer, an email explaining the situation and within an hour or so he offered me a response that was, simple, clear, and concise that rectified the problem, kudos! It works great and will definitely save more than the $.99 I paid fit the app!
Definitely worth the buy!
- Graham Haley
- 19.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019, Graham Haley
- In-App Purchases
- Pro User Features $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.