Method Map makes development planning simple. It allows users to plan their development based on logic rather than thinking about actual lines of code. Users can identify methods/functions and define the relationships between them, even defining the parameters and variables that are used.
It is fully customizable allowing users to create their own relationship types (connections) and create as many variables as they want. The simple tagging system allows users to easily identify methods by either resource or programming language - the user decides.
It’s been a long time since software was written for only one type of machine with one size of screen. Everything needs to be adaptive. While the number of operating systems have expanded, so have the number of programming languages and screen sizes.
Project management has also changed, with the switch to more iterative approaches like Scrum and Lean. But while all these changes have taken place the act of cutting code has stayed fairly similar. Now is the time to plan software development with a more logical approach.
By working from a logical point of view developers are able to break down projects into manageable chunks. Using Method Map to do this gives developers the flexibility to handle change and the ability to add more information when known i.e. add more variables or tags, or even add pseudo code.
Mini fixes including:
- Removed Chinese location services as not complete. Will finish them soon.
Ratings and Reviews
A Good Start
Overall I think it’s a great concept and extremely useful software. Here are some things that I’d like to see added:
- The ability to add recursive connections.
- The text in the input fields and variables/tags list can be hard to read. It would be great to be able to set text color/size as preferences.
- The documentation video is so small and low resolution that it’s impossible to read anything. Either written documentation or the ability to play the video full-screen would be of great help.
- It would be great to have the ability to print/export documents to pdf so they can be shown to other people.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.