Track trips in real-time, graphically view Metro Rail performance (see where delays occur), enjoy more train arrival data than available elsewhere, and simplify the daily commute!
MetroMinder "HeatMaps" show live station-to-station train performance for each line (and each direction). The Trip Tracker allows users to track trips in real time and receive notifications and status on trip progress (e.g. "time to get off the train"). Users can also view expanded train arrival data - including “end stations” and arrival predictions at transfer locations.
• Silver Line Support for Routing, Trip Tracking and HeatMap analysis
• Plan and Track Single and Multiple Line Trips
• Monitor Trip Progress (e.g. current station, # of stops, est. arrival time, etc.)
• Receive Notifications on Trip Progress (minimizes the need to watch signs, maps, or hear announcements)
• Trip Tracking information includes estimated arrival (for the entire trip and each leg) and wait times for connections – all based on live train data from MetroMinder
• Prediction data helps plan transfers ("Do I need to run or can I walk to catch my connection?")
• Graphical Performance "HeatMaps" offer color coded displays showing exactly where delays are occurring (used to better plan your commute)!
• Create/Define Trips to Track/Save as “Favorites”
• Customize Settings for Alerts, Notifications, and Tracking
• Supports Rush Hour Plus (RHP trains noted w/a special icon)
• “Scheduled” Trains Shown After “Live” Tracked Trains
** FEATURE DETAILS
TRIP TRACKING, STATUS, AND NOTIFICATIONS
• MetroMinder tracks every passenger train moving on the Washington DC MetroRail system (on a separate MM server using its TripSync™ System). Data is used to derive and display data to help riders plan trips, track trip progress, and alert riders about trip status/progress.
Trip Tracking Screens include:
• Current/Next Stop Name
• Estimated Arrival Time
• Estimated Minutes Left in Trip
• Number of Remaining Stops
• List of Remaining Stops (and the estimated minutes to arrival)
• Wait time for connections (if multiple trip)
• Metro “Alerts” Relevant to the Trips Defined
• Progress Alerts and Notifications (e.g. “Time to Get Off the Train!”)
• MetroMinder DC provides color coded displays showing station-to-station performance of trains tracked by MetroMinder. Provides a great way to visualize current train performance and see the specific location of delays. No more need to guess whether that ALERT might effect your commute, just check the "MM HeatMaps"
EQUIPMENT OUTAGES (Accessibility Assistance)
• Equipment outages are shown visually for stations w/outages (so riders w/accessibility needs can plan their trips)
EXPANDED TRAIN ARRIVAL INFO
• MetroMinder provides arrival data for more trains at each station than other apps or even the Metro web site.
• Arrival data is shown for ALL trains moving the rider toward the destination - providing more options to plan the commute
• MetroMinder shows “Scheduled” Trains – after the list of available “live” trains.
“END STATION” PREDICTION DATA
• MetroMinder uses its live TripSync tracking data to derive/display arrival/prediction data for “end stations” (something not available from Metro or other apps) – further expanding data to help riders plan commutes.
DATA FOCUSED ON THE RIDER
• MetroMinder filters all data so it is pertinent to the rider's trip – helping riders quickly assess information (e.g. prediction displays show only trains moving the rider toward the target destination.
• Data displays show which trains are “Direct” and which would require a “Transfer” and only shows Metro Alerts related to the rider’s trip
CREATE, SAVE, AND LOAD FAVORITE TRIPS
• Users can save and load frequently used trips and name them whatever they like: “Home to Work,” “Work to Home,” or other frequent commuting options.
RUSH HOUR PLUS
• Provides full support for Rush Hour Plus (RHP)
Additional enhancements to graphical heatmap displays and updates for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Heatmaps are unclear
It isn't clear what the heatmap colors mean. I'm in a station now waiting for a train on a line with no active alerts. The train is a couple minutes away, but the station is listed as red "ARGH!!"
A MUST when using the DMV subway system
I LOVE this app & CANNOT live without it! Even though the DMV's subway system was voted "best in the nation" (cough cough), it's a (dys) functional system. I use it daily and have found it extremely accurate.
Please don't worry about the ChrisDC's review. I've had this app downloaded for a while & it has been operating just fine (I'm sorry I forgot to leave a review for it sooner). The reason for Chris's 2 star review is because after Metro shutdown for 24hrs., the app had problems too. I waited a while before e-mailing the developers (who were incredibly prompt in replying) who told me the problems they were having, but now the problems have been resolved, they will continue to operate the app.
I just checked the app again before leaving this review. While Metro is having its usual problems, the app is working just fine again. Whether you're a long time rider, a new rider, or if you're having someone come & visit the DMV, I highly recommend you/they download this app to make your/their commute easier!
The app is great for just checking the next train in your direction, however, that feature is currently broken as it freezes on the time when you first check and doesn’t update it when you refresh the times by pulling down, so the app in its form is currently useless
- Rolling Storm Communications Corporation
- 12 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2015 Rolling Storm Communications Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.