Metronome M1 is a simple and extremely accurate metronome for mobile devices. It comes with all the essential features anyone will need from a metronome.
Metronome M1 supports a wide tempo range between 10-300 BPM, ranging from Grave to Prestissimo covering all popular styles including Lento, Largo, Adagio, Andante, Moderato, Allegro, Vivace and Presto. The "Tap Tempo" feature lets you quickly set your desired tempo with the ease of tapping a button.
Metronome M1 supports the following common Time Signatures.
Simple time signatures:
- 2/4 (duple): Commonly used for polkas or marches.
- 3/4 (triple): Used widely for waltzes, minuets, scherzi, country & western ballads, R&B. Also occasionally used in pop.
- 4/4 (quadruple): Also known as common time, this is used widely in most forms of Western popular music. It is also the most common time signature in rock, blues, country, funk, and pop. Most students start practicing with this time signature.
Compound time signatures:
- 6/8 (duple): This compound time signature is used in double jigs, polkas, sega, salegy, tarantella, marches, barcarolles, Irish jigs, loures, and some rock music.
- 9/8 (triple): Also known as compound triple time, this is used in triple jigs.
- 12/8 (quadruple): Commonly used in slower blues (where it is called a shuffle) and doo-wop; also used more recently in rock music.
With the latest update, you can now set any time signature you want. You also have the ability to set any of these note values for the tempo marking - Quarter note, Dotted quarter note, Half note, Dotted half note, Eighth note.
Now you no longer have to give an excuse for practicing without a metronome as you can have the free Metronome M1 app on your mobile device all the time. Make metronome your best friend and always practice with it. Moreover, practicing with metronome is proven to improve your aural skills.
Download Metronome M1 for free today!
Updated the app icon to show more contrast on the red bar that differentiates the free version of Metronome M1 from the Pro version.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app and is not slow anymore
I love the app and all of the customizable options like the tone, sound, tempo, time signature, subdivisions, accent on or off, and it even plays in the background so you can look at music and have it going! Previously I posted that it slowed down and many where having this problem but I found that after the newest update it doesn't.
Very easy to use
I needed to record a song, and I couldn’t find anything that was perfect, as in: it didn’t let me tap the tempo, wasn’t on track all the time, but this one is great! The best part is, is that there is a bunch of different time signatures! You helped me write my song on time, and great!
I like this app and I use it a lot when I play piano, but there are some problems.
This app doesn’t have cut time as a time signature option. That is really annoying as most of pieces seem to be in cut time. Also, the bright colors get really distracting when I am playing, but that is a minor problem. I am mainly concerned about the fact that there is no cut time feature.
Creators of the app, if you are reading this, please give it an update for cut time. Thanks! 😁
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- JSplash Apps
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2018 JSplash Studios Pvt. Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.