Tempo, the premier metronome app for iOS is now available as this free Lite version. Tempo was featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Now you can enjoy Tempo's core features before upgrading to its full suite of features.
Tempo Lite's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
As a special treat, we've included the Tracker Module which helps in your practices by tracking the number of bars or time played.
As opposed to purchasing Tempo, upgrading Tempo Lite nets you a dark colour scheme for the flipside views (instead of light).
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 8 different time signatures: 1-4/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
Tracker and Automator Module
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars.
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip and Wooden
• Volume control and Mute button
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background with audio from other apps
• Two interface themes: Light and Dark
Replaced setlist sharing options with universal sharing sheet.
Ratings and Reviews
This is incredible!!
I’m literally in the midst of making Set lists that has 150 songs each here in Nashville at the moment with this app! The fact that you can have accents or not… Or eighth notes if you want or 16s or triplets… Built into each song is nothing short of amazing and quick! You can get around so fast if someone calls a song you can easily get to it and the tempo is ready to go! Also the fact that you can go to gig mode or Setlist mode or the practice mode… Depending on what you’re doing is amazing! (I’m literally in the midst of making a Set lists for the fifth time and I literally went out of doing it to come write this review)… This is a MUST BUY for drummers! Especially if you’re going to have a sub drummer for you (Or if you are the sub drummer) all you have to do is share the list to them in the same app and they’ve got all the Tempos ready to go… they don’t have to do all of that homework over again! This is brilliant is all I can say! This just put my Tama rhythm watch in the grave… RIP!! Freaking BRAVO!!i 10 STARS!!
So good I bought the upgrade
So I purchased this because I like the fact that you can have a count down timer. Really helps with practice time and organizing how long you spend on each exercise. So I liked it so much I got the premium one and the setlist function is great! I put in what my exercises are and keep track of the bpm that way and over time crank it up. Plus you can customize the skin of it so I made my own of one of my favorite anime.
They all click…
All metronome apps click. This app, Tempo, has a few added features that help me with practice: You can display an indicator for each beat in a measure. E.g. for 4/4 time you see four dots that flash in sequence. The second is the ability to auto increment the bpm. For example increase by 2 bpm every 30 sec.
It also has a feature to make presets that define a starting bps with an auto incrementor. Unfortunately there is no way to edit the preset. So if you gradually improve and want to change a preset from 100 bps to 110 bps for example, you can’t! You need to make a new preset. I hope this a bug or a bad UI that hides the ability to edit a preset, but in either case it mars a nice app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 38.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Frozen Ape 2009-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $2.99
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Theme Editor $0.99