MetService NZ Weather Features include:
- Morning, afternoon, evening and overnight icons for 47 forecast areas, set by our meteorologists, to help you plan your day
- Automatically see the forecast and observations that are most relevant to you, by enabling location services or choosing your suburb, town or city
- Customise your weather dashboard and the order of forecast modules
- 48 hour forecast graphs
- Interactive national temperature map
- Severe Weather Warnings and Watches for your location
- MetService TV updates for your region
- Real-time, zoomable Rain Radar for your area, with quick link
- 3 day, zoomable Rain Forecast maps
- Live Traffic Cameras for urban locations
- Widget available
Full terms and conditions regarding the purchase and use of MetService mobile applications are available here: www.metservice.com/about/application-terms
Fire season and fire danger data from Fire and Emergency New Zealand is now available via the app.
You can also add daily fire danger to the snippets that appear at the top of your screen for quick reference.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, albeit overdue
This app accompanies a long-overdue refresh of the Metservice web site, and packs a lot of useful weather information into a quite tidy and functional application, including detailed forecasts, including hourly predictions for local areas. The app has quickly become my go-to application for forecast data for NZ.
Overall, I can't yet award 5 stars because there are a couple of things which bug me… the favourites list appears to be uneditable (at least in the current release), the app frequently forgets the city I'm most interested in (Christchurch) and defaults to data for Wellington, and the app offers no onscreen assistance to show how to use it… some types of data are too-well hidden.
So overall, solid, worth the modest price, but I'll also still be using alongside "Weather NZ" -- which is invaluable for its extra features including tide forecasts and snow and surf reports.
Extremely limited weather app compared to what’s available in the US. It would be nice to have more customizable controls on what is seen and more access to data like wind maps, tides, lightning. The radar map is extremely low detail and doesn’t even provide a location. It would be great to provide minute-casts with weather like Auckland in the winter. Also the video plays through the ringer volume which is just bad programming.
The app is terrible and Metservuce forecasts are unreliable. They can’t even predict wind strength, resorting to updating forecast in real-time.
If you want a decent forecast of weather use the App “Windy”. Normally 90 % accurate a week out.
MetService you need to get better or stop taking taxpayer money. !
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Meteorological Service of New Zealand Limited
- 184.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Meteorological Service of New Zealand Limited 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.