This Liturgy book app gives directions to ministers and people for conduct of the Holy Communion service. Sacred liturgy is the very heart of Ethiopian Orthodox worship. All the various kinds and types of Orthodox prayer and ritual cluster around the Sacrifice of the Mass which was instituted by the Lord the same night in which He was betrayed
The Ethiopian Liturgy is divided into two parts, the introductory part called Ordo Communis and the Eucharistic part called Anaphora. The Anaphora is the more solemn portion of the Liturgy, the central point of which is the great Oblation. It commences with the words “Sursum Corda”, or with their equivalents, which occur in all Liturgies, and includes the rest of the services to the end.
The Anaphoras are officially fourteen, the basic one in normal use being that of the Twelve Apostles. In the some ancient monasteries about six other Anaphoras are used. The Ethiopic Liturgy was the first to be published of all the Oriental Liturgies. It was printed at Rome in 1548.
1) Anaphora of the Apostles
2) Anaphora of our Lord Jesus Christ
3) Anaphora of our Lady Mary
4) Anaphora of St. John Chrysostom
5) Anaphora of St. Dioscorus
6) Anaphora of St. John the Evangelist
7) Anaphora of St. Gregory the Armenian
8) Anaphora of the 318 Orthodox
9) Anaphora of St. Athanasius
10) Anaphora of St.Basil
11) Anaphora of St. Gregory Nazianzen
12) Anaphora of St.Epiphanius
13) Anaphora of St. Cyril
14) Anaphora of James Serug (The complete Ethiopian Liturgy)
Features of the App
• Material Design color schemes.
• Setting for Night mode and Day Mode
Multiple book collections
• Add two or more translations to the app.
• Multiple books of Ethiopian prayers
• User can configure the choice of translation and layout within the app.
• Allow swiping between books
• Book names could be displayed as list or grid views
Fonts and Font Sizes
• You can change fonts sizes from toolbar or navigation menu.
• The app uses true type fonts for main view.
Text Copy and Share
• To copy a text to the device clipboard, tap on the text to select it. Then select the Copy button from the text selection toolbar.
• To share a text with someone else, tap on text to select it. You can choose to share by text message, email, WhatsApp, etc.
• Book contents are rearranged and missing parts included
• Colorful texts for the name of God, Jesus, St. Mary and Saints
• Notices and Orders in the book are written in italic for emphasis
• Added interface translations in English, Amharic and Afaan Oromoo.
• Changing the app Interface language will change menu item’s name.
Audio and Text Synchronization (future pro update)
• The phrases being read are highlighted and synchronized with the audio being heard.
• Added new user setting ‘Highlight synchronized phrases’ to allow user to turn on/off the yellow highlighting when the audio is playing.
• Powerful and fast search features
• Search the whole words and accents
• Number of search results displayed at the bottom of the page
• Allow the user of the app to configure the following settings:
• Book selection type: list or grid
• Red Letters: show the name of saints in red
New Theme (Brana) included
Some educational texts on Liturgy included
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Getahun Ayalew
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Getahun Amare Ayalew
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.