A ‘hardware wallet’ without all the hardware.
MEWconnect is an official, free companion app for MyEtherWallet that helps you secure your funds as never before.
* * *
HARDWARE WALLET-STYLE SECURITY FEATURES
MEWconnect stores your private keys safely in a local, isolated, and secure vault on your device to protect your account like the ELEVENTEEN GOOGILLION dollars it will one day be worth (probably).
TWO STEP VERIFICATION TO PROTECT YOUR EVERY TRANSACTION
In the World of Crypto, you are your own bank. MEWconnect helps to ensure that you are you, and then that you are you again. You know, just in case.
PHISHERS WILL HAVE TO PHISH SOMEWHERE ELSE
No one can obtain your private key.
MEWconnect is official MyEtherWallet software. You can check the validity of the app yourself.
* * *
— No centralized servers for communication.
— No data collection
— Open source
Built and maintained by the MyEtherWallet team, the team that brought you the Ethereum’s original and most trusted wallet interface.
- Minor updates and improvements
- Buy Ether scenario fix
1.0.14 ANNOUNCEMENT: Full-fledged MEW wallet app is now available!
You can now buy, hold and send Ether and tokens directly in the app, without having to connect to MEW web.
Upgrade your MEWconnect app in just a few taps: download MEW wallet app, it will automatically detect if you are already using MEWconnect and offer you to import your account.
Launch MEWconnect after this update for more details.
P. S. If you don't want to upgrade, you can continue using MEWconnect app.
Questions? Please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed rare issue that prevented some users from logging into the app
- Improvements to message signing
- Added what’s new alert, so you can catch up with the latest changes
- Additional confirmation if active network in MEW is not matching active network in MEWconnect
- Share address UI updates
- Minor layout improvements
- Buy Ether scenario fixes for iOS 10.x
- Multiple minor fixes and improvements
- Updated ‘Restore wallet’ flow
- Updated QR code scanning instructions
- Recovery phrase can be viewed in Info screen (password protected, and available only after the backup is completed)
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Completely re-designed 'restore from recovery phrase' flow.
- Improved authentication, and additional password brute force protection
- More accurate price estimates when purchasing Ether.
- Other minor improvements
1.0.7 More accurate price quotes for Buy Ether scenario.
- Smooth screen transition animations
- Reduced app loading time
- Other minor improvements
- Improved connection for some mobile operators.
- Improved Ether purchase history.
- Improved UI for token transactions.
1.0.4 Minor improvements to 'restore account' scenario.
1.0.3 UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- New 'Share' screen with address QR code, and ability to easily share or copy your address. (Tap on QR code icon on the main screen to see it.)
- Fixed issues related to token transfer approvals, where token amounts and ‘Send to’ address was displaying incorrectly
- Sensitive data is now not visible in the Task Switcher anymore, the app immediately hides its content when switching apps
- Implemented password protection after the app goes on the background
- ‘Buy Ether’ history section improvements
- Buy Ether amount input UI improvements
- Fixed an issue of re-setting wallet from 'Forgot password' screen
- Fixed an edge case when ‘Balance refresh’ button stops working
- Tokens list UI fixes and balance update fixes.
- Added passphrase validator on Restore Wallet screen
- Removed comma from placeholder text (Restore screens)
- Updated "share" icon on the main screen
- Account address on the main screen is now also clickable
- Added sounds to QR code scanner
- Improved connection to desktop flow for some browsers
- UI fixes related to new iPhone models
- Various UI and bugfixes
1.0.2 Fixed the issue that caused the app to not connect to browser in some cases.
Thanks to everyone who reported it! Let us know if you still experiencing problems: email@example.com
1.0.1 Performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
They can claim security all they want, but you have to continually type in the same info again and again. And if there are any hiccups you have to go back and enter your info again and again. There is no way to save your input when making your initial application. It’s like movie Groundhog Day. They also don’t tell you all of the hoops you are going to have to jump through such as required documentation, types of credit cards accepted and the shooting of a video. The others who rated this app and gave it five stars must be friends of the company and/or developers. Doing this on my iPhone may appear straightforward, but it is anything but.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. We noticed that your review is mostly related to our Buy Ether process, and unfortunately we don't control this process directly, as this is handled by our partners at Simplex. We know it is not ideal, and we passed your feedback on to them. Thanks for your patience.
Every time I open this wallet I have to start from the beginning. If Apple updates the phone using this Wallet forces me input all my seeds. I turn off my phone the same thing. I expected a lot more from this developer.
A lot of these crypto providers makes it so aggravating to use I rather just give up on this alternative payment [idea] and continue with tradition.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, could you please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate this issue and fix this for you? Thanks!
Excellent Crypto Currency App!!!
When I got this app, I was still very new dealing with crypto currency tokens and clicking around on this app makes it easy to learn and use! I highly recommend this app to anybody holding, saving, spending, & exchanging tokens!
- H. from Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.