FREE Preview: Up-to-date, quick reference for the diagnosis and management of chronic kidney disease as well as common electrolyte and acid-base disorders.
The Nephrology Guide of the Massachusetts General Hospital is an up-to-date, quick reference for the diagnosis and management of patients with acute and chronic kidney disease as well as common electrolyte and acid-base disorders. It was developed for generalists—students,
residents, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants—as well as nephrology fellows, attendings, and dialysis nurses.
Over 150 topics are authored by nephrology experts at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and include more than 320 tables, charts, figures, images, and carefully organized lists. Hard to find information such as considerations for special populations (e.g., patients with diabetes, cancer, lupus, HIV) are also included. The Guide is fully integrated with Unbound Medicine’s Prime PubMed allowing users to link from literature references to full citations, abstracts, and full-text journal articles provided by the publisher.
With the Guide you can:
* Consult more than 150 topics in bulleted, fast-read format
* Review 320+ tables with quick synopses of clinical considerations
* Find detailed sections on dialysis and kidney transplantation
* Stay current with regular updates delivered automatically
* Highlight and make custom notes within topics
* Link to the primary literature using Prime PubMed
* Search by specific keywords to find topics fast
* Bookmark 'Favorites' and organize them using popular tagging feature
Purchase includes a 1-year subscription with regular content updates. Your Nephrology Guide of the Massachusetts General Hospital subscription automatically renews at the current rate of $49.99 unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of your current 1-year period, which can be done in account settings. This will ensure you receive all updates for the following year. Should you choose not to renew, you will be able to continue to use the content however will not receive updates.
Editor: Eliot Heher, MD, Medical Director, MGH Kidney Transplant Program
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
This latest update provides interface upgrades to help enhance the performance of your app.
If you have further questions about the new features, please contact Unbound Medicine Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Great quick reference
This app has well written and organized concise information for diagnosis and treatment of many nephrology topics.
One can search a topic via full text search as some smaller topics are subcategories.
Details in the topics
Many times, the application is disappointing because you will be looking for a very important topic in the application and will find out that there is only 2 lines on that big topic!
Hopefully there will be more details on the topics in the future.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- MGH Nephrology Guide $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.