If keeping up to date with MicrobeWorld's self-produced audio and video podcasts and life science-related news and information is important to you, MicrobeWorld now offers the most convenient way to do so on the go, in your car, at the gym or even in the lab. You can purchase the app for $4.99 for the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch from the iTunes store.
This multimedia application delivers content and news items from the following audio, video and online news sources:
This Week in Microbiology
This Week in Microbiology (TWiM) is a podcast about unseen life on Earth hosted by Vincent Racaniello and friends.
This Week in Virology
This Week in Virology (TWiV) is a podcast about viruses hosted by Vincent Racaniello and Dick Despommier, two science Professors at Columbia University Medical Center.
A video podcast by the American Society for Microbiology that highlights the latest in microbiology, life science, and related topics.
The podcast for microbe lovers: reporting on exciting news and research about bacteria, archaea, and sometimes even eukaryotic microbes and viruses. Hosted by Jesse Noar.
This Week in Parasitism
This Week in Parasitism (TWiP) is a podcast about eukaryotic parasites hosted by Vincent Racaniello and Dick Despommier.
Mundo de los Microbios con Gary Toranzos, Ph.D. (MicrobeWorld's weekly Spanish language podcast)
El Mundo de los Microbios es un programa educativo que consta de Podcasts semanales dirigidos a mejorar la comprension y apreciacion del rol vital que los microorganismos juegan en nuestro planeta y promover la microbiologia.
Meet the Scientist with Carl Zimmer (archive only)
In this (now retired) podcast, host Carl Zimmer talked with scientists about the work they do and what makes them tick. He gives listeners a glimpse of what scientists are really like and what is going on in cutting-edge research today.
The MicrobeWorld app features:
· Mobile access to all of MicrobeWorld's audio and video content.
· Bookmark and download MicrobeWorld shows
· Episode level bonus content such as videos, PDF files and more.
· Sort episodes by shows, played or unplayed.
· Find podcast episodes using the search bar.
· Access shownote links within the episode so you can read the bio of the guest or peruse a research paper mentioned in the conversation.
· Background play
· Playback resume
· Elect to receive push notifications so you are the first to know when new episodes are published or ASM has news or special offers to share. (We will use this feature sparingly and only send you what's important. You can always opt out under Settings on the iPhone if you decide you do not want to receive push notifications later on.)
· Email your comments and questions directly from your device.
· Call in to any MicrobeWorld podcast and get your comments on a show (iPhone only)
· Connect to MicrobeWorld and ASM updates via Facebook and Twitter in app.
· Share audio and video content via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
· In app user support - have a question or a problem related to the app? Connect with our support team.
How to Gift MicrobeWorld (iTunes only)
The MicrobeWorld iPhone and iPod Touch app makes a great gift for the science enthusiast, student or microbiologist in your life.
But wait a minute! How can you gift an app?
It's easy. To gift the MicrobeWorld app select the drop down menu next to the price in the iTunes app store. Choose the “Gift This App” option at the top of the drop down list.
At this point you will be taken to a page within iTunes to fill in your name and the recipient’s name and email address. You can also type in a personal message. To send the same gift to multiple email recipients, separate the addresses with commas.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for TWIV archive
Fantastic place to find the TWIV archive and also has other “TW” bio related shows top!
Because, Spring Break
And I don't feel like reading right now. Seriously though, you guys are awesome. I'm working on my Med Tech. BS and listening to shows like this helps me stay focused at least in the same realm of my studies during down time. A little conversational at times, but on the off chance I find a show relevant to my studies it's a real treat. Been listening to TWIM and TWIV on and off for about a year, and I'm hoping the app will help me organize some of these nuggets. Keep up the good work, happy to pay the 5 bucks. Cheers, and thank you for helping me keep it real.
Even has a feature where you can ask the experts...
One of the cooler features of this is app is that it allows you to leave a verbal comment, via the iPhone, enabling you to comment on a story or even ask the podcast moderator a question. All of the videos and podcasts are compelling. They suprise the user with much more than their titles might suggest. Sure, you can subscribe to each of the feeds separately, but why bother, when as they say... there is an app for that. This is it.
- Wizzard Software
- 30.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009 Wizzard Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.