This application requires a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription. Microsoft 365 includes premium Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps, 1 TB cloud storage in OneDrive, advanced security, and more, all in one convenient subscription. With Microsoft 365, you get features as soon as they are released ensuring you’re always working with the latest.
Create, view, edit, and share your spreadsheets using Excel for Mac. Now it’s easier than ever to work with spreadsheets across your devices and with others. Share your files and collaborate in real time within a document or edit Office docs attached to emails. Get smart assistance features as soon as they are released in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint so you’re always working with the latest. Whether you’re balancing a budget, tracking milestones, or looking to visualize any data, Excel is your go-to app for working with spreadsheets.
Kickstart your analysis
• Achieve more and enhance your documents with access to a growing catalog of premium templates for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Rich formatting and layout options produce beautifully pristine documents on any device including laptops, iPads, and iPhones.
Analyze with confidence
• AI enhances your workbooks by recognizing patterns in your data and making suggestions that speed up your work.
• New charts and graphs help you present your data in compelling ways, with formatting, sparklines, and tables to better understand your data.
• Easily create forecasts with just a click to predict trends.
Accomplish more together
• Whether it’s a school project, expense report, or family budget, seamlessly work with others with real-time co-authoring to bring your ideas and plans together faster.
• Share your documents with the click of a button to invite others to edit in real time. Easily manage permissions and see who’s currently working in a document.
• Add comments or assign tasks to people in your group for clean editing and organization.
Learn more about Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based subscription service that brings together premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneDrive, with the best tools for the way people work today. Please visit: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2015120 for information on Licensing Terms.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Microsoft 365 annual subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Get in control with new data source settings on Excel for Mac: Use the new Data Source Settings dialog box to manage Power Query data sources, clear login credentials, and change the file location.
Filter and Sort Without Disrupting Others: Create your own views while collaborating with others in Excel, so you can filter and sort without disrupting what others see.
Ratings and Reviews
I use to know all of the symbols for the various options to work with it very efficiently. Today I have to guess as to what each symbol means or represents. It would be great if I could click on symbol and it would pop up as to what it represents. The other option is to have a key below so I can refer to it often for reference and know what Im doing. The easier it is for someone to use an application the better for the company because they can refer or use it more often to administer documents data and such. What are the other options for me to use this application without paying a monthly fee?
Nice to have Xcell on my apple LT - use it all the time.
There are a few nagging problems:
1) When copying & Pasting or moving a cell from one place to another, the border lines move with the selection. The Borders should be seperate from the formatting of the cell as well as the contents of the cell.
2) The pointer does not always change acording to the area of the cell I click on. ie, the bottom right corner should turn the pointer to a black and be able to drag or after selecting, hovering over the edge should turn the pointer into a hand, both of which are hard to get the program to do some times. I usually have to zoom in to make cell larger.
3) When working in a Book that has many sheets all with interlocking pointers to other sheets within the same book, sometimes the sheet you are on does not update the value of the cell until it is in the viewing area of the monitor and selected. This can cause problems when program refresh lags. I'm guessing refresh lag is because of the size of the workbook. Should be that whenever a change is made on a sheet, then the whole book should update and not wait till it is being displayed on the screen. Most computers, have multiple processors now days, so this should not be an issue.
Years dealing with the same bugs and errors
I have had excel for years and like most of us, we have seen very little improvement to the bugs that destroy the quality of Microsoft Suite. In this instance, excel and word are HORRIBLE. If we had another option, I would be using it by now - knowing that we dont I guess is why you lack the incentive to make significant improvements to your products. Thank goodness for antitrust laws!
Excel crashes as many times as it please while working, the alert boxes wont close unlesss you force quit a document which opens in auto recovery only to find it out it never recovered where you left off - if you're lucky enough to remember where you left off. Even where you select pickup where I left off, is inaccurate which I'm sure you are aware of also.
One day, I can delete content in a row or column, the next day delete doesnt work. It is so unreliable and unfortuntately cannot be my clutch for getting work done. The file doesnt always open when downloaded through an attachment, and no- there is nothing wrong with the atachments - it is part of a larger issue with Excel.
Your company's whole suite is unbearable to work with for serious projects. I am beyond exhausted and frustrated with all of your products.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 921.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $69.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $99.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.