Microsoft Excel, the spreadsheet app, lets you create, view, edit, and share your files quickly and easily. Manage spreadsheets, tables and workbooks attached to email messages from your phone with this powerful productivity app.
Work in data analysis, accounting, auditing, or other fields confidently with anyone, anywhere. Quickly graph the most complex formulas, charts and tables with amazing features.
Review spreadsheets and run data analysis on the go. Customize tables and spreadsheets the way you want with robust formatting tools and great features. The productivity app lets you build your spreadsheet to meet your specific needs.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft 365 subscription. Create templates, edit spreadsheets, organize charts and share with ease when you download Microsoft Excel.
Tables & Spreadsheets: Create, Calculate and Analyze
• Jump-start your budget, task list, accounting, or financial analysis with Excel’s modern templates.
• Quickly graph with familiar formulas to run calculations and analyze your data.
• Rich productivity features and formatting options make your workbook easier to read and use.
• Use Cards View to easily see and manage spreadsheets.
Productivity App: Review, Edit, and Work Anywhere
• Review your Excel files from any device.
• Edit sheets and data or update your task list from anywhere.
• Spreadsheet features like sort and filter columns help focus your reviews.
• Create, duplicate, hide, and unhide sheets easily.
• Analyze data using common charts and graphs.
• Use spreadsheet features like add and edit chart labels to highlight key insights in your data.
• Pie chart maker: create charts and graphs from your data.
Finance: Budgeting & Accounting
• Use agile spreadsheets and charts to help manage budgets.
• Familiar tools to help you drill down to your exact finance needs.
• Calculate tax estimates, personal finances and more.
Draw and Annotate with Ink
• Make notes, highlight your worksheet, create shapes, or write equations using the draw tab feature in Excel on devices with touch capabilities.
Sharing made easy
• Share your files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit, view, or leave comments directly in your workbooks.
• Copy the content of your worksheet in the body of an email message with its format intact or attach or copy a link to your workbook for other sharing options.
Download Microsoft Excel and get the best way to create, organize and manage data and spreadsheets from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Monthly Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft 365. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Seriously slow on the latest iPad Pro
I am using an iPad Pro 256GB Wifi + Cellular version and I am extremely disappointed on the speed and features of the app. Not sure if the app or iPad Pro is to blame but the vlookup, match functions are just not working as gracefully as it should be. Each time I input a number, it would take 5 seconds to return the correct values and it is just not acceptable on an advanced device like the iPad Pro. I have to admit that my spreadsheet has over 50,000 of rows, 30+ columns and 10+ spreadsheets but there are no macros and images used at all. And for anyone who relies on Excel to process this huge amount of data, this is just a very common scale of a spreadsheet, not to mention it is only 10MB. Either Apple or Mircosoft seriously needs to look into resolving this issue or there’s just no point of having this powerful application on the iPad.
Why do I suddenly need a Office 360 subscription??
I like being able to access my excel files from my iPhone. Works great for simple editing and updating. But suddenly I can not edit an excel file that I had created on my laptop and had been able to edit it on my iPhone before. It opens read only and when I try to save it to another name or location it does not allow it because I now must have an Office 360 subscription. I never had one to begin with. I have a one drive account, but that does not get me around this. WHY do I suddenly need an Office 360 subscription? It’s MY file; I created it OUTSIDE of this iPhone app. WHY are you holding me hostage? I can’t find an explanation for why this happened and why I now need the subscription. Google Sheets seems to work just fine and I am now using that instead. Are other Office apps going to do the same thing to me? Incidentally, if you get stuck by this, I finally got around not being able to write the file anywhere by mailing the file to myself from inside the app and then I opened it with Google Sheets.
Good when it’s working
I love being able to use Excel on my iPad Pro as it’s super easy to make adjustments on the go. I’ve got Office 365 and my documents are stored on OneDrive so I’m usually able to make changes and it shows up on my other devices. However at least once a week the app seems to forget my password and all my documents stop syncing. I have to sign in again and then it overwrites any changes I’ve made on my iPad since it decided to stop syncing. OneDrive has been doing weird stuff like this on all my laptops, desktops and tablets over the past few years. In fact the last time OneDrive seemed to be problem free was back when it was called SkyDrive. Hopefully Microsoft gets things figured out eventually. If not I’ll probably just switch over to Google Docs when my 365 subscription ends.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 263.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Office 365 Personal $6.99
- Office 365 Home $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.