IMPORTANT: Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone requires a Lync Server or Office365/Lync Online account and will not work without it. If you are unsure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2010 for iPhone extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including rich presence, instant messaging, audio conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, or a phone call.
- Connect to Lync conference calls with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Make and receive calls using your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number only, so you can connect with others using a single, consistent identity.
- Lync 2010 for iPhone provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 OR OFFICE365/LYNC ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice when it works
...but it barely works. When you are not actively in the Lync app you will be push notified you missed a message but you can't actually ever view the message and it notifies you of this missed message with part of the text often up to five times consecutively. I once got stuck in some loop where the push notification wouldn't stop until I uninstalled the app. I now uninstall it about once a day and reinstall it only when necessary for work. Dear god, fix this stupid app already.
Basically works. Needs notifications.
I first installed the app today. Easy to set up and I logged in fine. My Lync contacts were all there and I was able to message a few of my coworkers.
However the connection either drops when I switch to another app, or I've had especially bad luck with my network connection. I have all notification types enabled but so far only a badge icon seems to appear and that only after I opened the app and read the new message. Around the same time I got the "missed conversation" email.
App does work with iOS 8.
UPDATE: If you're having issues with this app force closing after you upgraded your firmware to iOS 8, all you have to do is delete the app and reinstall it.
This worked for me and I have an iPhone 6 with 8.0.2.
This app did work well prior to the release of iOS 8. Once you update your phone's OS, the app won't even open. The developers for this app haven't issued an update to their app since April 2013, so I doubt they still support this app/will be releasing an update to make this compatible with iOS 8.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 6.3 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.