Microsoft Office brings you Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all in one app. Take advantage of a seamless experience with Microsoft tools on the go with the Office app, the simple solution for productivity.
Scan PDF files, create spreadsheets, or draft up documents anytime and anywhere through your mobile device. Complete your workflows, no matter where you are. From Word documents, PowerPoint presentations or Excel files, the Office app provides you with one seamless experience.
With intelligent cloud services and trusted security, the Office app will help maximize your productivity in both work and life.
Word, Excel, & PowerPoint combined:
• Store and access Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files using the cloud-based storage.
• Documents can be created and collaborated on with others in real-time.
• Presentations can be shared and edited. Practice your presentation with Presenter Coach.
• Spreadsheets can be created using one of the many templates available in-app, or instantly edited.
• Easily access and collaborate on files shared with you directly or via Outlook and Teams.
Convert Pictures and Documents with Office Lens:
• Snap a picture or upload a photo from your camera roll to create documents.
• Transform a photo of a table into a usable spreadsheet to work with the data.
• Enhance digital images of whiteboards and documents.
PDF Scanning & Editing Capabilities:
• Easily scan PDF files and convert them into Word documents and vice versa.
• Quickly edit PDF files directly on your device.
• PDF Reader allows you to access and sign PDFs.
Unique to Office Mobile:
• Catch up on meetings or open shared videos right where you left off.
• Quickly jot down thoughts and ideas, and then save or share them via Sticky Notes.
• QR Scanner enables your device to scan QR codes and open attached links.
• Documents and spreadsheets can be transferred between your phone and computer.
Download to your iPhone or iPad the Office app now. To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches. Logging in with a personal Microsoft account or a work or school account connected to a Microsoft 365 subscription will unlock premium features within the app.
Achieve more while on the go with Microsoft Office.
Subscription & Privacy Disclaimer
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC and Mac.
Monthly Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Addresses a stability issue when using organizational accounts.
Ratings and Reviews
Here’s a simple truth: We don’t interact with documents on mobile the same way we do on desktop. So naturally, it makes sense that Microsoft reimagined Office for a uniquely mobile experience. With Word, PowerPoint, and Excel combined into one app, being productive feels frictionless. And we love that.
Useful on iPhone, annoying in iPad
So, I love O365 and I use it for work nearly every day. While I’m a fan of the office app on my phone and find it easy to find things I’m looking for (or have opened recently), i can’t help but feel rather annoyed at the “mobile version” of the app on the iPad. I find myself daily checking the App Store for updates and looking for an update for iPad.
If this app had a meaningful iPad user interface (that is, using the ENTIRE SCREEN), then this app would get 5 stars for me.
Let’s get that iPad update!
Useful (when it works), but slow and very limited
I don’t know if this app by itself is better than having the three separate Office apps installed, but it takes up considerably less space. I use this almost exclusively for Excel documents, and this app is an adequate editor for very simple things like adding new data entries and viewing attachments received via mail or shared via cloud based file services. However, this app is EXTREMELY SLOW to work with and its interface feels claustrophobic and fiddly on an iPhone 8 screen. Maybe it’s better on an iPad Pro, with the larger display and more powerful CPU to run it? I don’t even try to do anything so complicated as enter formulas or format cells when I’m using this app… like I said, the UI is not great.
A word of warning: if you rely on Dropbox to store Office documents that you frequently work with and update via this app, you will tear your hair out in frustration at the way Office turns into a complete basket case trying to deal with Dropbox storage. I don’t know whose fault that is, Microsoft or Dropbox, but it’s infuriating and will happen to you even when doing the simplest things to documents retrieved from Dropbox folders. It gets even worse if you’re using a VPN… be ready for lost work and mondo pain. At least everything works even slower over VPN connections, so you have that to look forward to.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 371.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $9.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.