Microsoft OneDrive keeps your photos, videos, and files backed up, protected, synced, and accessible on all your devices. The OneDrive app lets you view and share OneDrive files, photos, and videos with friends and family. You can use the app to automatically back up your phone's photos and videos. Start with 5 GB of free cloud storage or upgrade to a Microsoft 365 subscription to get up to 1 TB.
Microsoft OneDrive Features:
Back up photos and videos
• Automatic photo and video backup when you turn on Camera Upload
• Bedtime Backup is a dedicated backup state for seamless photo backup while you're snoozing
• View photos and videos on your phone, computer, and web browser
File sharing and management
• Share files, photos, videos, and albums with friends and family
• Get notifications when a shared document is edited
• Set password-protected or expiring sharing links*
• Access entire folders on the app even when there is no internet connection*
• Scan and save documents, business cards, receipts, whiteboards, and more
• Mark up, sign, and send docs right from the OneDrive mobile app
• Search docs by name or content
• Personal Vault lets you protect your important files with identity verification
• Restore documents with version history on all files
• Ransomware detection and recovery*
Works with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook
• Back up, view, and save your Office documents.
• Use Microsoft Office apps to edit and collaborate in real time on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files stored in OneDrive.
• Edit documents offline and save them once you are back online
Upgrade to a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription:
• 1TB of storage (1TB of storage per person for up to 6 people with the Family subscription)
• Access OneDrive premium features
• Get access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
• Install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook on PCs or Macs.
• Bigger personal vault
• Keep your shared files, folders and photos more secure by giving others access for a limited period of time
• Ransomware detection and recovery
• Offline Folders: Stay productive and access entire folders even when there is no internet connection
• Increase your sharing limit and share 10x content per day with friends and family
You can also purchase additional cloud storage only, with a Microsoft 365 Basic subscription. This is enough cloud storage for 32,000 photos (9 MP JPEG photos) or 132,000 documents (.7 MB Office files).
To make an in-app purchase of a Microsoft 365 Basic, Microsoft 365 Personal, Microsoft 365 Family subscription: open the app, tap the Me tab, then tap Get More Storage or the Go Premium diamond icon.
Subscriptions begin at $1.99 a month in the US, and can vary by region. Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your Apple ID and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand.
To manage your subscriptions or to disable auto-renewal, after purchase, go to your Apple ID account settings. A subscription cannot be cancelled or refunded during the active subscription period.
Using this OneDrive app for work or school
For you to sign into your work or school account on OneDrive, your organization needs to have a qualifying OneDrive, SharePoint Online or Microsoft 365 business subscription plan.
This app is provided by Microsoft. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or its affiliates maintain facilities.
*Requires Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription
Don't worry about updating to the latest iOS/iPadOS 17, our app will run just fine on the newest iOS/iPadOS update.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m really liking the whole windows family
This was not easy for me to do,Meaning going from Google/Android I slowly started by getting a iOS phone and new cell phone co.,and I’m so glad I did so far!! Now I’m finding myself rushing over to my laptop! I love to take pictures and create videos and if you guys and gals over at windows/Microsoft (I think,lol) plan on making updates for its clipchamp or whatever is better(not that it needs it) hopefully by then I’ll know what I’m doing I’m really excited to learn how to do more due to your user friendly features and terms! You guys are No nonsense and Professional(unlike some other companies)& the online support folks are actually REAL people!! Thanks for the opportunity(thank you see what I mean lol)to express myself and I plan on making the complete switch over with my iOS phone!!(if I could only find a cell phone company that is reliable enough sooner)sorry for this long review I had to at least expressed my gratitude for this opportunity!!!!
The Best For Online Storage and Sync Files
I can’t praise enough OneDrive. I had been using it since the SkyDrive days. Those days were storage heaven. I was able to rack up to 50 gigabytes of free storage. Well, OneDrive came to life and changed things. Some improved and some got canned like the amount of free storage. That is the only reason it I take one star from it. The good stuff it’s what in my opinion, makes OneDrive the number one app for online storage. Easy to sync files across Windows PC and IOS mobile devices. The integration of OneDrive with Windows Personal files can be somehow problematic since by default makes OneDrive upload everything you put on those folders. If you don’t want every file on those folders getting uploaded and take precious space just change the settings on Windows to stop OneDrive to upload the content on those folders. I found less complicated to just create a new folder on the system Desktop and name it “My OneDrive” then create sub-folders for E-books, Pictures, spreadsheets and so on... then drop there everything I want to sync across mobile devices. That way I have more control over what goes into One Drive instead of letting Windows do it for me. Also makes me be more organized with the content I own.
Good but needs to be MUCH better
It does what it needs to in terms of cloud storage on the iPad. It’s best if you have an office 365 subscription so that you get the 1TB of storage, which is great for me because it allows me to store all my files easily. It could be A LOT BETTER though. First, it does have files app integration which for some reason only allows you to copy files from the iPad to OneDrive, not to simply move them. Second, they say it has multi window support for iPadOS 13 but not really. Each time you try to add another window, you get an error message saying that you can only open a file in another window, not another file browser. Also you are very limited in terms of sort and view options, you can only view files in a list or as icons. When viewing photos and videos with the icon view, you can’t see the file name and can only do so by clicking the info button for each individual file. It would be much better if you had other view options like some sort of cover flow type view or something else. Also, the scan option is nice but it would be really nice if it had an option to scan book/textbook pages.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 338.8 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Microsoft 365 Basic $1.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $9.99
- Microsoft Storage 50 GB $0.99
- OneDrive + 100 $27.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $69.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $5.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $5.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $99.99