Microsoft OneDrive keeps your photos, videos, and files backed up, protected, synced, and accessible on all your devices. The OneDrive app lets you view and share OneDrive files, photos, and videos with friends and family. You can use the app to automatically back up your phone's photos and videos. Start with 5 GB of free cloud storage or upgrade to a Microsoft 365 subscription to get up to 1 TB or 100 GB of storage.
Microsoft OneDrive Features:
Back up photos and videos
• Automatic photo and video backup when you turn on Camera Upload
• Bedtime Backup is a dedicated backup state for seamless photo backup while you're snoozing
• View photos and videos on your phone, computer, and web browser
File sharing and management
• Share files, photos, videos, and albums with friends and family
• Get notifications when a shared document is edited
• Set password-protected or expiring sharing links*
• Access entire folders on the app even when there is no internet connection*
• Scan and save documents, business cards, receipts, whiteboards, and more
• Mark up, sign, and send docs right from the OneDrive mobile app
• Search docs by name or content
• Personal Vault lets you protect your important files with identity verification
• Restore documents with version history on all files
• Ransomware detection and recovery*
Works with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook
• Back up, view, and save your Office documents.
• Use Microsoft Office apps to edit and collaborate in real time on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files stored in OneDrive.
• Edit documents offline and save them once you are back online
Upgrade to a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription:
• 1TB of storage (1TB of storage per person for up to 6 people with the Family subscription)
• Access OneDrive premium features
• Get access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
• Install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook on PCs or Macs.
• Bigger personal vault
• Keep your shared files, folders and photos more secure by giving others access for a limited period of time
• Ransomware detection and recovery
• Offline Folders: Stay productive and access entire folders even when there is no internet connection
• Increase your sharing limit and share 10x content per day with friends and family
You can also purchase additional cloud storage only, with a OneDrive 100 GB subscription. This is enough cloud storage for 32,000 photos (9 MP JPEG photos) or 132,000 documents (.7 MB Office files).
To make an in-app purchase of a Microsoft 365 Personal, Microsoft 365 Family, or OneDrive 100 GB subscription: open the app, tap the Me tab, then tap your storage or the Go Premium diamond icon.
Subscriptions begin at $1.99 a month in the US, and can vary by region. Microsoft 365 subscriptions and OneDrive standalone subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your Apple ID and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand.
To manage your subscriptions or to disable auto-renewal, after purchase, go to your Apple ID account settings. A subscription cannot be cancelled or refunded during the active subscription period.
Using this OneDrive app for work or school
For you to sign into your work or school account on OneDrive, your organization needs to have a qualifying OneDrive, SharePoint Online or Microsoft 365 business subscription plan.
This app is provided by Microsoft. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or its affiliates maintain facilities.
*Requires Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription
We would like to let our users know that we are planning on dropping support for iOS and iPadOS 14 soon. OneDrive will continue to support the current version of iOS/iPadOS (16) and the one immediately before that, iOS/iPadOS 15.
This update contains bug fixes and stability improvements.
This wouldn't be possible without your feedback. If you run into any issues, please shake your device and tap "Report a Problem."
Ratings and Reviews
One Drive Has All My Memories in One Place!!!
Years and years of my apartments and house on Delmonico that my Mom & Jack owned where I lived on and off for 30 years or more and now House on Delmonico belongs to my beloved Aunt Mary Teresa Latchaw! My mom Linda Kay Woolwine and Jack McCormick are now deceased only a month ago and I miss them dearly but they reside in my heart and soul and spirit and I talk to them daily and they answer me too - I’m very lucky I can speak to and have conversations with the deceased people and animals I have had the privilege to know in my life! I’m sorry I’m so vain I have taken 1000s of pictures of my self - some extremely profane I will attempt to delete the pictures that are over the top pornography- I apologize with all my heart and soul I apologize for my vanity and my profane pictures! Please forgive me and thank you Microsoft for capturing my life in one place in pictures going back till I was 6 months old or possibly before I was born! Thank You One Drive Microsoft! Please don’t ever let anyone hack into my account! God Bless You!!! And Thanks Again for your support!!!
The Best For Online Storage and Sync Files
I can’t praise enough OneDrive. I had been using it since the SkyDrive days. Those days were storage heaven. I was able to rack up to 50 gigabytes of free storage. Well, OneDrive came to life and changed things. Some improved and some got canned like the amount of free storage. That is the only reason it I take one star from it. The good stuff it’s what in my opinion, makes OneDrive the number one app for online storage. Easy to sync files across Windows PC and IOS mobile devices. The integration of OneDrive with Windows Personal files can be somehow problematic since by default makes OneDrive upload everything you put on those folders. If you don’t want every file on those folders getting uploaded and take precious space just change the settings on Windows to stop OneDrive to upload the content on those folders. I found less complicated to just create a new folder on the system Desktop and name it “My OneDrive” then create sub-folders for E-books, Pictures, spreadsheets and so on... then drop there everything I want to sync across mobile devices. That way I have more control over what goes into One Drive instead of letting Windows do it for me. Also makes me be more organized with the content I own.
Saves my data and my life, I mean work
OneDrive automatically backs up my photos, my programming, my Photoshop images, my Excel programmed sheets, my entire portfolio. We pay the $9.99 a month for Office family and we each get a terabyte in backup to our OneDrive and five accounts. This way I can bring my work with me anywhere and either keep working on it or show off my progress to friends or prospective volunteer opportunities.
For the more normal person (not a nerd) after you take some photos make sure to open OneDrive to backup to the cloud, and then your home computer; then easily accessed from any device anywhere.
There are a lot of data backup programs out there but most aren’t cheap, but for a terabyte for $7.99 or $9.99 (single account Office 365 and family account Office 365 respectively) which comes with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plenty of other software for anyone.
Even without a 365 account, it’s worth using even if to keep your photos safe at home and on the go.
Also I’m not a bot or paid advertiser, I just feel like of the options, Microsoft isn’t as evil as most big tech companies, but they’ve been around since I started using pc computers in 1988, so they’re unlikely to go anywhere soon, so your data is safer than some others whom I discovered had corrupted my irreplaceable photos on the cloud when my computer died. At least Microsoft knows how to keep software backed up reliably. Just make sure to open OneDrive to save your photos.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 322.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- OneDrive 100 GB $1.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $9.99
- OneDrive + 100 $27.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $69.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $5.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $5.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $7.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $99.99