Capture your thoughts, discoveries, and ideas and simplify overwhelming planning moments in your life with your very own digital notepad.
With OneNote, you can plan that big event, seize that moment of inspiration to create something new, and track that list of errands that are too important to forget. Write memos, make a digital sketchbook and save notes right on your phone.
Sync your notes via OneDrive to access them anytime, anywhere. Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft Account. Take notes, share ideas, organize and collaborate when you download Microsoft OneNote today.
• Capture your thoughts, save discoveries, share ideas and simplify planning moments with your very own digital notebook.
• With OneNote, you can plan that big event, save ideas to create something new and track that list of errands that are too important to forget.
• Save pictures of whiteboards, photos or printed documents in your notes with Office Lens. Quickly take a picture, automatically crop and insert the image into your notes.
• Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Organize, Search and Secure:
• Quickly organize your notes in a way that works best for you with powerful organizational tools.
• Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and notebooks.
• Find your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you use most.
• Secure your notes with a password and use touch ID to quickly access them.
Sync your Sticky Notes:
• Quickly save your thoughts and ideas with colorful sticky notes on the go.
• Sync your sticky notes to access them from anywhere on any device, anytime.
• Organize your ideas with simple and smart sticky notes.
Collaborate and Share:
• Share ideas and your notes with your friends and colleagues, whether you're planning a party or a working on a school project with your study group.
• Collaborate and work together in a shared notepad.
Save and Share Ideas:
• Access your notes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other devices.
• Your notes are synced to the cloud (OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint) making it easy to access your recipe notes on your iPhone at the store, your homework on your Mac in class, or your itinerary on your iPad during your travels.
• Achieve more with OneNote when you log in with your Microsoft Account.
Make a Check list:
• Create to-do lists to keep track of your daily errands, groceries shopping, or travel planning.
• Write memos and quick reminders whenever you need them.
Write & Draw on iPad:
• Take notes at a conference, write math equations in class or sketch your ideas.
• Use a variety of pen colors and settings to create beautiful handwritten notes and drawings.
• Draw with confidence with "Convert to Shapes" mode: OneNote will automatically convert hand drawn shapes into crisp, perfectly regular polygons and circles.
• Use a stylus or the touchscreen to write notes or use OneNote as a sketchbook.
OneNote is free on iPhone and many other devices. Get started today! Download OneNote and sign in with your Microsoft Account or the account assigned to you by your work or school.
* Get a head start on your meeting notes: Quickly import useful details from any scheduled Outlook meeting into your notes - including date, location, agenda, topic, and attendees.
Thanks for using OneNote! We listened to your feedback and updated the application with optimizations to help improve your note taking experience.
Having trouble? Send feedback in the app (OneNote->Settings->Send Feedback)
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box at https://aka.ms/onenote-ios-suggest
Ratings and Reviews
As a college student, this app has saved my life! It’s so much better than the note app that came with the iPad and unlike so many other note taking apps, this is free! It allows for so much more personalization and manipulation of your notes. For example, the apple notes app only has like 5 different colors you can choose from, and 2 of the colors are too light to be note taking colors. But with OneNote, you can customize any color! It comes in very handy because I organize the different sections of my notes by different color writings. Also, it allows you to zoom in and out of the page when writing, which is so cool because I can write really small fonts by zooming the page in and then zoom it back to regular size to have very neat and clear small writing. With other note taking apps, if you want to write very small you just have to pray to god you have surgeon steady hands that won’t make the writings ugly. The one thing I would suggest is to add a ‘pencil’ feature like the notes app because sometimes when I draw math models or graphs, I don’t want every line to be a opaque ‘pen’.
IPad/Win10S versions need lots of improvements.
Crashes all the time. Slow as a crawl when handling large notes, try undoing something! Cursor positioning is erratic. Search function is also erratic and clicking on the”next find” or “previous find” buttons often misbehaves, especially after some editing. Draw needs a lot of additional functionality: ability to erase parts of an object, ability to choose adequate erasers, ability to draw shapes without needing to use the primitive “ink to shape” facility, ability to fill an object with a color or pattern, interference between draw and text, inability to peg text to a specific place in the drawing canvas. Try for example something as simple as to draw a chessboard! Inability to create links to locations in the same note or in other notes. Missing menus and features when compared to PC or Mac versions. No recovery from data accidents, I lost notes more than once because of sync issues. Inability to store notes in the Apple iCloud. Poor integration with phone/tablet hand and pencil gestures. Inability to save drawings and text together to the same PDF. No diff feature.
I could go on. And ah, an unresponsive development team, I have seen Internet traffic on some of these deficiencies dating from years ago.
This is a flexible app, as it works on every device I need (Microsoft and Apple) with high updating speed in real time so long as there is internet connection. I also have the ability to organize my notes sufficiently as an attorney, and I love that I can have multiple email accounts associated with different of my notebooks so I can access personal and work notes in my device but only my work or personal notes when logging in to my notes in the appropriate account online. Note search function will soon become invaluable.
I do wish there was a broader, long-term sharing ability so any of the law clerks or attorneys in my office could see and edit notes without me having to share a notebook each time, but that might be solved when the office totally transitions to electric and we possibly have a singular work account. And I wish I could have the notes appear in certain folders (client folders) I’ve saved and organized in one drive so ALL the client info could be organized in one place instead of opening up two apps. But other than that, I really enjoy OneNote for typing, drawing, and all the other little functions as I discover them.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 212.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.