Capture your thoughts, discoveries, and ideas and simplify overwhelming planning moments in your life with your very own digital notepad.
With OneNote, you can plan that big event, seize that moment of inspiration to create something new, and track that list of errands that are too important to forget. Write memos, make a digital sketchbook and save notes right on your phone.
Sync your notes via OneDrive to access them anytime, anywhere. Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft Account. Take notes, share ideas, organize and collaborate when you download Microsoft OneNote today.
• Capture your thoughts, save discoveries, share ideas and simplify planning moments with your very own digital notebook.
• With OneNote, you can plan that big event, save ideas to create something new and track that list of errands that are too important to forget.
• Save pictures of whiteboards, photos or printed documents in your notes with Office Lens. Quickly take a picture, automatically crop and insert the image into your notes.
• Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Organize, Search and Secure:
• Quickly organize your notes in a way that works best for you with powerful organizational tools.
• Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and notebooks.
• Find your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you use most.
• Secure your notes with a password and use touch ID to quickly access them.
Sync your Sticky Notes:
• Quickly save your thoughts and ideas with colorful sticky notes on the go.
• Sync your sticky notes to access them from anywhere on any device, anytime.
• Organize your ideas with simple and smart sticky notes.
Collaborate and Share:
• Share ideas and your notes with your friends and colleagues, whether you're planning a party or a working on a school project with your study group.
• Collaborate and work together in a shared notepad.
Save and Share Ideas:
• Access your notes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other devices.
• Your notes are synced to the cloud (OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint) making it easy to access your recipe notes on your iPhone at the store, your homework on your Mac in class, or your itinerary on your iPad during your travels.
• Achieve more with OneNote when you log in with your Microsoft Account.
Make a Check list:
• Create to-do lists to keep track of your daily errands, groceries shopping, or travel planning.
• Write memos and quick reminders whenever you need them.
Write & Draw on iPad:
• Take notes at a conference, write math equations in class or sketch your ideas.
• Use a variety of pen colors and settings to create beautiful handwritten notes and drawings.
• Draw with confidence with "Convert to Shapes" mode: OneNote will automatically convert hand drawn shapes into crisp, perfectly regular polygons and circles.
• Use a stylus or the touchscreen to write notes or use OneNote as a sketchbook.
OneNote is free on iPhone and many other devices. Get started today! Download OneNote and sign in with your Microsoft Account or the account assigned to you by your work or school.
This month’s update is bug fixes only.
Thanks for using OneNote! We listened to your feedback and updated the application with optimizations to help improve your note taking experience.
Having trouble? Send feedback in the app (OneNote->Settings->Send Feedback)
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box at https://aka.ms/onenote-ios-suggest
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome but needs work!!!
So Many times have images not show up or show up extremely distorted across devices. Several of my professors prefer to post pdf files of their PowerPoint lectures instead of the PowerPoint itself. These lecture notes are extremely long sometimes 108 slides so I usually download them and use my laptop to insert the pdf files to onenote and then use my iPad to take notes. The converted PDFs sometimes show up extremely distorted on the iPad making it very difficult to annotate and take effective notes. Please fix this issue and make life easier for us college students. One more thing, when I insert a PDF file with several hundred pages and make notes next to it. When I want to print the notes out on a regular A4 paper. Onenote shrinks the pages so much that the hundred of PDF pages fit on only one single A4 paper making it completely unusable. I really really would appreciate having proper page layout options in the touch version of onenote to set strict borders to have specific page size like A4 so that both the inserted PDF pages and my notes next to them will both show up on the A4 paper and not shrink to extremely tiny size.
Please turn off automatic capitalization
Thank you very much for your service. I have recently begun to write more notes for work and school using OneNote. I typically write from a mobile device, on which I definitely have auto-capitalization set to off. Unfortunately, OneNote continues to automatically capitalize my words, even upon review. I deliberately edit notes differently and often do not want capital letters at the beginning of each line or elsewhere. Moreover, I also write in multiple languages, but OneNote seems to have trouble recognizing it and will correct my writing much more frequently than other apps, becoming a great hindrance at times. Please adjust these settings or allow specific control from your application. I do actually have auto-correct and auto-capitalization set to off in my device settings. As a bonus, it would be wonderful to have additional possibilities with regard to editing the text appearance (font styles, sizes, highlights).
Thanks! I appreciate your incredible work.
Update: I can now expressly adjust settings for spelling and automatically capitalization within the app.
IPad/Win10S versions need lots of improvements.
Crashes all the time. Slow as a crawl when handling large notes, try undoing something! Cursor positioning is erratic. Search function is also erratic and clicking on the”next find” or “previous find” buttons often misbehaves, especially after some editing. Draw needs a lot of additional functionality: ability to erase parts of an object, ability to choose adequate erasers, ability to draw shapes without needing to use the primitive “ink to shape” facility, ability to fill an object with a color or pattern, interference between draw and text, inability to peg text to a specific place in the drawing canvas. Try for example something as simple as to draw a chessboard! Inability to create links to locations in the same note or in other notes. Missing menus and features when compared to PC or Mac versions. No recovery from data accidents, I lost notes more than once because of sync issues. Inability to store notes in the Apple iCloud. Poor integration with phone/tablet hand and pencil gestures. Inability to save drawings and text together to the same PDF. No diff feature.
I could go on. And ah, an unresponsive development team, I have seen Internet traffic on some of these deficiencies dating from years ago.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 226.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.