Outlook helps you stay connected and organized at the office and at home with easy access to emails, files, calendar events, and contacts across all your accounts so you can quickly get things done.
With Outlook for Mac, we have reimagined the experience that you know and love, bringing even more power and simplicity to the product.
Here’s what’s new with Outlook for Mac:
Now free with your personal email accounts
• Multi-account experience for email, calendar, and contacts, so you can focus and get things done without leaving the app
• Compatible with Microsoft 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud, IMAP, and POP accounts
• Add a premium subscription to go ad-free
Fast, beautiful, and effortless
• Reimagined from the ground up and crafted natively for Mac so that it feels smooth, easy to use, and powerful
• End-to-end redesign brings simplicity and customization to your email and calendaring
Enhanced speed and performance
• Optimized for Apple Silicon
• Fast load times and quicker syncing of accounts with Microsoft sync technology
Personalized to fit your style
• A fully customizable toolbar with your most-used commands at your fingertips
• Personalize your workflow with swipe gestures, email pinning, hover actions, theming, display density, and much more
Search that works for you
• Find what you need quicker and more reliably with enhanced search suggestions, and more
An integrated calendar
• Make most of your time, plan meetings, check availability, track RSVPs, and share your calendar
• Use My Day to surface your agenda and a two-week calendar view alongside your inbox
• Set meetings to always-virtual and make your default meetings start or end early
Privacy and world-class security
• Help protect your data using Microsoft Information Protection
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Have used Outlook forever on various platforms. Every email platform has its plusses and minuses, for me Outlook has always worked better than other options. Never wrote a review before today though. Was having an issue with a Google account that seemed to be an Outlook issue. Outlook frequently solicits feedback and claims to offer support, but I have learned not to expect any support from Microsoft. I tried a chat anyway. Amazingly, I got a knowledgeable person right away. Asked intelligent questions, dug into the problem. In the end we determined it was a bug (which is what I had expected), he submitted an internal bug report. I would have been impressed just getting that far. I was really surprised when 2 hours later the bug was fixed! Maybe a coincidence, but an issue that had been happening consistently for weeks stopped happening. Can't 100% say it was the result of the bug report, but I'm impressed even if it was unrelated due to the quality of the support.
Outlook FINALLY Got It Right!
When I was a 6, an Apple Macintosh 128K was donated to my family. That's my first memory using computers. When I was 10, an iMac G3 was given to my parents when a friend didn't like it. When I was accepted to college with a scholarship in 2006, I got a MacBook. When I got started my bachelors in 2015 I got a MacBook Pro.
All this to say, I love and prefer the Apple experience and the simplicity of it. This new Outlook for Mac really delivers on the enhanced performance and functionality. This is easy to use, understand and best of all, it's completely customizable. My features are available to help me perform more efficiently and become more productive overall. Thank you Outlook for seamlessly integrated yourself into my preferred experience. I now have the power, the look, and most importantly the feel of Outlook alive on my desktop.
Outlook and Mac Birthday Sync Issues - always 1 day off
I’m having an issue sync issues with Outlook on my Mac and my other apple devices (iPhone and iPad). Email and Calendars all are fine. The issue is birthdays and anniversaries do not sync and in fact area always 1 day off. Regardless of if I start the contact birthdate in Outlook or on an IOS device once Outlook syncs the dates change by 1 day on the devices. This was not occurring on my Outlook on a PC and only started with Outlook on the Mac. I’d checked all the time zones on the 3 devices and all is fine. I’ve spent hours tying to fix. I hope there is a solution as I’d like to use Outlook but if this continues I will be forced to goto Apple contacts and calendars.
I went through Outlook support and after a lot of back and forth and testing I got the following final feedback (with no resolution): "So, the above test which you performed proves that the interaction of an OS X client causes this behavior and since this can be seen over OWA as well, I tried researching over this and found out that its a server side bug which is the cause of this issue and when interacting with OS X clients and Outlook for Mac is nowhere playing any role here and instead show you the details or information available in OWA."
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 1.2 GB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal $69.99
- Microsoft 365 Family $99.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal $6.99
- Microsoft 365 Family Monthly $9.99
- Microsoft Copilot Pro $20.00
- Microsoft 365 Personal $119.99