Microsoft Pix named one of the 50 Best Apps of the Year – Time Magazine
“Microsoft might have just made the best and easiest camera app for the iPhone and iPad.” – Napier Lopez, The Next Web
“I found that Microsoft Pix produces photos that are plain old better in some cases…” – Jordan Novet, VentureBeat
Take better photos without extra effort! Microsoft Pix has serious intelligence behind the lens, so it is a bit like having a pro photographer inside your camera – tweaking settings, selecting the best shots, and enhancing them on the fly – to help people and scenes look their best. It’s designed to help take the guesswork out of getting great photos, so now you can just enjoy the moment, instead of struggling to capture it! Microsoft Pix: Point. Shoot. Perfect.
Top 10 Features
• NEW PIX STYLES! Completely transform your photos with artistic styles and watch as your artwork gets created
• Smart settings – Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
• Face recognition – People are the most important photo subjects, so when it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
• Moment capture - Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
• Best Image(s) - Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s storage or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
• Image quality – Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
• Live Image – Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
• Hyperlapse – Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
• Auto-sync - Seamlessly syncs to your camera roll, so you don't have to individually import or save your photos and videos to your camera roll.
• Widgets and 3D Touch – Where available, 3D touch and Today and Lock screen widgets are enabled, so you can jump directly into photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
Thank you for using Microsoft Pix.
We regularly release updates to the app, which include great new features, as well as improvements for speed and reliability.
In this update:
- We’ve enabled the AI to make reading any documents, printed texts in addition to business cards
- Just point Microsoft Pix at any texts to be intelligently digitalised
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I use this app often for taking clear pictures of my inventory for my online shop. It’s very helpful and gets the job done. However, it does consume battery life very quick. I find myself having to use it with a fully charged phone or having to take breaks in between to let it charge.
Also with this recent update, the app tends to freeze after taking a single picture, to where I can capture the subject on my screen but cannot take a picture since the button is greyed out. I have to close the app and restart after each photo is taken. Other than these issues, I will continue to use this app for all my photography needs.
Edit: Unfortunately, I can’t access my camera roll through this app after this update, as well as none of the pictures I’ve taken have saved at all. Unusable at the moment, I hope this is fixed soon.
Developer Response ,
So sorry to hear about these challenges you're facing with the app. Can you please contact me via the "Feedback" section in the app's menu? (or email me at email@example.com) This allows me to file a report with our developer team and will provide us with all the information we need to determine a fix. Thanks, -Jeff
This might be the best thing that’s happened to me since the Microwave was invented! Well, that is, if I can use frames to shoot my handmade jewelry that I’ll be selling online or by promotional mails and ebooks maybe, thus the APP. I’m rating without having used it, however, I did go in and tour allowing it to show me the very stuff I was hoping to find! This may also be the first important APP for me if they are serious about maintaining and updating, upgrading etc. it will be perfect for a lot of jewelry type businesses and others. Heck, just because I’ve just now found it, doesn’t mean it’s not been there. Can’t wait to use it and spread the word to other jewelry makers and friends. I’ll get compliments and sales hopefully then list where and who to give credits to.💫🌝
Thanks Developers and if there is any testing you need me to try just reach out. I have 3 different iPads, 2 are Pro, IPhone and I’m just once again hoping to prepare myself to start-up my online e-commerce store here very soon. Loved some of those frames I saw! Thank you and talk to you soon I’m sure!
I Don’t Write Reviews
I’m so impressed with how simple this camera is, but has all of the functionality of Adobe PS Camera and ProCam ($5-8). I’ve tried to replace the Apple stock app several times (which has improved immensely).
Microsoft has surpassed Apple and every other camera app I’ve tried by a long shot. I’m a huge Adobe fan and use almost all of their products, so when I say it’s better than PS Camera, that’s all that needs to be said.
I mean... you can say “extract content” with a photo pulled up, and it will lift all of the text/copy from that photo. And not to make a “plug” here, but Microsoft’s 3-in-1 Office app extracts text from photos/camera into Word, and Tables and Charts right into Excel. They also have, arguably the best Math app that can solve equations just by taking a picture of it or, even, handwriting it.
This Camera has that Technology in it. The Extract and Filters are amazing. It automatically chooses the “best” still frame (Clarity) when taking a photo because it’s actually taking a “burst”, or “live” shot like the Apple app. It’s Panoramic feature is more like what you expect from Apps that “try” to do Point Cloud photogrammetry. It’s no Matterport (which that app doesn’t work anyway), or Fyuse (recommended), but this can capture, both, Vertical and Horizontal at 360 degrees.
I am not surprised this app is a 4.9 Stars. It’s really a “rare” 5.0 in my book.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 182.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.