Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Center.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect folders, your clipboard, and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdmacfbk.
It's time for another update! Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and worked with us to diagnose issues. In this version we made the following changes:
• Redirected folders can now be marked as read-only to prevent their contents from being changed in the remote session.
• Addressed the cause of a 0x607 error that was being shown when connecting using RPC over HTTPS RD Gateway scenarios.
• Fixed cases where users would be double-prompted for credentials.
• Fixed cases where users would receive the certificate warning prompt twice.
• Added heuristics to improve trackpad-based scrolling.
• Don't show the "Saved Desktops" group if there are no user-created groups.
• The tiles in the PC view have received a UI makeover.
• Fixes to address crashes sent to us via application telemetry.
If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
NOTE: In this release we have had to move to a new feedback provider. Feedback will now be channeled through UserVoice. We appreciate your input and take it into account to prioritize fixes and features.
Ratings and Reviews
Good quality with keyboard bugs
Love the quality of the stream/feed coming from my office PC to my mac, not run into any major issues bar one big one.
On occation I work in visual studio, i work alot on a mechanical keyboard (Brand: Plugable) and have "modifier keys” to have my Ctrl and Alt/Options switched on my mac, when coming over to MRD, it’s messing them up and both the Left Ctrl and Win buttons both become windows button functions, and the alt keys on both sides of the keyboard becomes a dead key. (Right Ctrl is still working as a Ctrl strangely enough)
If i turn off “Modifier Keys” in OSX and then go into MRD then the keys are correctly pulling the Ctrl, Win and Alt on the left hand side of the keyboard as hoped. But now I have the oppasite issue where modifier keys are nolonger active on the Mac side. This would be all good and well if the “Use Mac Shortcuts of Cut, Copy and Paste” in the preferences worked, but they don’t. I’ve tried toggling them on and off and it doesn’t switch the keys around for either the USB “Plugable” mechanical keyboard, my external mac keyboard or my MBP’s built-in keyboard.
The main feature request I would LOVE to see for this app is to have OSX be able to pass into MRD the modifier keys so I’m consistent across both systems.
Inferior compared to version 8
I work remotely and must use this for work. I use work related apps and have more than one open at the same time. if any one app is maximized, my dock and menu bar disappear, and I have to minimize the apps to see those. I absolutely hate that. My work has the remote computers set to time out after about 20 minutes of inactivity for security purposes. If I leave my desk for longer than that, I have to let it time out because if I log out, and then try to log back in later, I end up being logged in as a temporary user instead of as my profile. So if I leave my desk, I let it time out and when I come back and log in again, the apps are still open (I can see this in the RDS icon menu) but I can’t get the apps to pull up on the screen. Also, in version 8, I could toggle on my kepboard and see the box with the list of apps on my desktop easily, but with the new version - no. This version is definitely NOT an improvement over 8.
Was working great - till update
Not sure why you keep breaking a tool that so many rely on daily.
This latest version crashes (on the Mac) if I type too fast in Visual Studio on my Windows Desktop at work. I get the spinning beachball- have to exit to the Mac, force quit MRD and restart it, then reconnect. I'm finding myself doing this at least 2 or 3 times per hour! I try to type slowly, but then end up getting really focused on my work and start moving faster. I use VI so I'm typing everything and it seems to be when I'm repeating an edit over and over that it crashes MRD. This is a Productivity KILLER! Like I said it happens when I'm focused and your bug is a sure way to kill that focus - every time! I wish it were easier to revert to an older version. I was forced to update when I upgraded to Mojave and decided to start clean and re-install everything. This is the only app that makes me regret that decision!! I was on an old stable version and had been refusing to update. Sigh!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.