Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform intelligent canvas where teams can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud. Designed for pen and touch, it lets you write or draw as smoothly as you would with ink, while automatically recognizing and transforming shapes and tables as you draw. It enhances teamwork by allowing all team members to edit and comment directly on the canvas in real time, no matter where they are. And all your work stays safe in the cloud, ready to be picked back up from another location or device.
-- Create freely, work naturally –
Microsoft Whiteboard provides an infinite canvas where imagination has room to grow: draw, type, add a sticky or an image, stack things up, move them around – it’s all possible. The touch-first, pen-first interface frees your ideas from the keyboard, and the intelligent inking technology transforms your doodles into great-looking tables, shapes, and lines that can be copied, pasted, and combined with other objects.
--Collaborate in real time, wherever you are—
Microsoft Whiteboard brings every member of a team together, whether they’re huddled around a wall-size touchscreen or working from their own devices across the globe. On the Whiteboard canvas, you can see where others are in real time and start inking on the same area – or not. It’s about getting everyone on the same page – or board.
--Save automatically, resume seamlessly –
Forget having to take photos of your whiteboards, or marking them with “Do Not Erase.” With Microsoft Whiteboard, your brainstorming sessions are saved automatically to the Microsoft cloud, so you can pick up where you left off, whenever – and wherever – inspiration strikes next.
This release contains regular bug fixes and quality improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Fix this issues to make a flow less experience
1. I just installed this app on my windows and iphone and i could say I absolutely love it but there are some issues which i prefer to be fix as soon as possible such as:
1.if you wish to select something with lasso you need to take all the object at once but in some apps you could just make a quick circle around a little part of object and it will considered as selected.
2. I really need to change the aspects of sticky notes instead of just keeping it as a big or little square like if I need to make a mind node , i prefer to put a little rectangular
3. I’m Persian so I really wish to see language support (I mean when im using to write at both languages ENG & PER in one line it will be a total mess!!)
4. And some new extra features such as changing the color of your shapes which you just draw , giving some of the shapes a fixed separate background color instead of highlighting it)
5. And please add left hand support , please please please remove stacking highlights!
Missing Basic Tools
This app has a great opportunity to be a great teaching, office work, and most importantly work from home tool! But there are things that you could call creature comforts that in this day and age should be included as a base app support. I’m talking Apple Pencil (1st and 2nd gen) support, left handed support (please please please as a left handed user its very hard to write/draw when it detects input from my hand as I’m trying to write), and I think smarter selection support should be included.
For Apple Pencil support, you have the basic drawing support, but for Gen 2 pencils it lacks double tap on the pencil’s flat side to change to a previous tool or eraser tool which would be awesome to have.
Left handed support is a basic need. Add it as a setting to toggle on and implement. Otherwise you just infuriate people like myself who are left handed and can’t draw or write without jumping around on the screen or leaving random lines about.
On apps like Notability, selection is very easy, you just draw around an object, if you just get part of a line/photo/box etc it is considered selected. Here you have to get the entire object to select it which is fine, but is a tad bit annoying and makes you have to go slow to get everything included you want to select. Maybe have the option for both and include it as a setting to toggle on/off.
A few bugs
Love the app, visuals are great and definitely a good app compared to others, but there’s a 4 things, kind-of-not-really bugs that I wanted to point out.
1) I don’t know whether this is just my iPad being my iPad, but the app is a tad slow. Like, I’ll draw something and the stroke is a little laggy, or I scroll down and it’s choppy.
2) When I use the pen and I need to zoom out or in, the universal motion is to pinch in or out with two fingers. I keep doing that by accident, and instead the app picks up my fingers doing that and draws more marks. It takes longer to press the check, then readjust my screen, go back to pen, and draw again. Same goes for moving my screen. (Suggestion: Two fingers moving down, up, sideways, etc. to move screen since one is already used for drawing and tapping)
3) When I zoom in or out, the paper, no matter what background I’m using, turns to graph and it’s kind of discombobulating.
4) The spaces/squares when I use variations of graph paper or dotted always stay the same size even if I zoom in, and it kind of gets rid of the concept of zooming in in those cases.
Okay, that was kind of a lot. Most of them don’t bother me too much, but I’d really like #2 fixed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 234.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.