◉ Create absolutely stunning audio recordings
MicroWave is an indispensable multitool for working with audio. Whenever you need to trim a few seconds off a music file, record your thoughts, split an audio file into many smaller ones, make a voice note, record an internet radio station* or digitize old tapes - MicroWave is there to help. It's a tool as essential as a text editor. And because it's that useful no Mac should miss it.
With MicroWave you will be able to:
• digitize your beloved vinyl records and audio tapes
• record your voice
• record your favorite music from youtube/internet radio stations*
• create engaging interviews
• make great podcasts
• optimize and improve audio quality of those old charming vinyl records of yours
• convert unfamiliar audio files so you can enjoy them on your iPod (ex. ogg/flac to mp3)
• create your own unique and completely custom iPhone ringtones no one else has
• come up with gripping audio effects for your iMovie productions
• record captivating voice-overs for your slide shows
• and much more ...
◉ What our customers say:
"Great Application. Brilliant Support." - Hendrik, Germany
"It is really easy to use, intuitive, quick and the sound quality is really good. No negatives." - Biff, United Kingdom
"A good audio editor, pretty powerful and easy to use" - Luis, Spain
"It did exactly what I wanted it to and only had to look up help once. Great value for money!" - Ned, Australia
"Simple, fast, elegant and right to the point." - Rik, United States
◉ Detailed Feature List:
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Persistent marker support with automatic silence detection.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 96khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other applications (like browsers, etc) and internet streams*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Dynamics Processor
• High Shelf Filter
• Parametric Equalizer
Supported File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless
• Apple Lossless (ALAC) encoded M4A files
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Can import audio tracks from MP4 and Quicktime videos (but can not save video files!)
• Batch export: Splits document into multiple audio files based on markers.
• Supports meta data (ID3 tags, etc) export and import
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
• We're excited about user feedback and feature suggestions :)
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
Changes to make the app compatible with the upcoming macOS release.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great idea, very unusable editor.
It’s SO CLOSE to being a great tool. You can zoom, drag a selection, drop a marker (with duration!), and then export those markers as seperate files. Great idea! However, the UI is quite unusable. You can adust the start or end of a marker, but you can’t ever get the playhead back to the beginning or end of the marker. There’s no way to move the selection to an existing marker, no way to move the playhead to the beginning or end of a marker, no way to loop in a marker, and no way to adjust the begining or end of a selection without re-creating the selection.
Developer: Please consider adding the following features: loop selection, set the selection to the start and end of a marker when you click it and move the playhead to start, lock selection to the start and end of a marker when you adjusting a marker, keys to move playhead to pre/next marker (which selects the marker), drag handles on selections so that you can zoom way in and tweak one end without upsetting the other end of the selection.
Still not sure . . .
I loaded this app a few days ago and finally used it today. I like the ease of using it; the sound quality was good but a dialog box popped up right away indicating this version can only handle a max of 10 seconds and the Pro version should be purchased right away if larger tracks will be converted.
I am somewhat puzzled about that as I did not purchase the pro version and went on to play the track. Once I heard it and saved it, I went to the app store to see if any further information was in the description. If there is, I have yet to find it. My track was 2.37; I don’t know enough about this, I’m just finding my way so I don’t know if that 2.37 refers to time, sound or something else I am ignorant of.
Conclusion, happy with this result so far, not so sure about how useful a 10 second app will be in the long run and finally, absolutely did not like the sales pitch with that hidden information the first time used; it felt like pressure to buy the pro app and may have used misinformation as leverage. Buyer beware.
This is not FREE and does not warn you. Is misleading.
I don’t like when companies like this call it free and then it is of no real use. Go ahead and download this if you need to record something for 10 seconds. But if you need to record something 11 seconds or more, then go ahead and pay for the “pro” version. Why doesn’t the company just tell the truth to begin with. This make we want to justifiably pirate these pirates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.