Join the thousands of Mideo users who already are using Mideo to record videos with music! Mideo is the must-have app for anyone who wants to listen to music and record video at the same time.
How it works:
Play music through any app, then open Mideo and start recording. The music won't pause, and you can record while it plays. You can easily use Control Center on your device to change the song that's playing while you record.
Mideo uses your device’s built-in high-quality video camera and instantly saves the videos you take straight to the Photos app.
• Supports front, back, portrait, landscape, flash, zoom, tap to focus, and grid lines. Just like the built-in camera app.
• Options to record video in 720p, 1080p, or 4K resolutions. (4K is available on supported devices only.)
• Displays how much video you can record based on your remaining device storage.
• An option to start recording whenever you open the app. No need to tap the record button!
• Easily access your Camera Roll with the press of a button.
Still not sure if Mideo fits your use case? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will point you in the right direction. Also be sure to check out mideo.app/support for our comprehensive FAQ website. You can use Mideo for all kinds of things, whether you're a dancer, weightlifter, drummer, singer, or anything else.
Without Mideo, your music will stop whenever you open the built-in video camera. Mideo is the media monster of video recording apps, since with Mideo can you video muse from any audio source without any interruptions. Relish and record, listen, shine with Mideo today.
How to take videos without pausing background music:
1. Play audio from any source (Apple Music, Spotify, Podcasts, SoundCloud, etc.)
2. Pause the music if you want, or keep it playing - it doesn't matter.
3. Open the Mideo app and start recording. (Notice how your music doesn't pause! If it does, resume the music using your headphones or with Control Center.)
4. While recording in Mideo, you can use Control Center to restart, resume, or change the song.
To record videos WITH the background music in the video, play audio to a speaker. (your device’s built-in speaker or an external speaker)
To record videos WITHOUT the background music in the video, play audio to headphones.
Thanks for using Mideo! This version:
- Adds manual exposure adjustment (swipe up or down after tapping to focus)
- Adds an option to use the volume buttons to start and stop recording
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for!
First off, let me just say that the app is great. It’s simple and does exactly what you expect it to do.
My use case is that I need to record videos of my workouts for my rehabilitation coach who I interact with virtually. Doing this without music in my headphones lead to some dreary workouts, but this app changed all that.
I put in my air pods, start my music, and open the app and I’m ready to record. The ability to trim the videos afterwards is great as well!
Just a couple lines of feedback (I’m using an iPhone 11):
1. I would recommend changing the “Use Video” to something like “Save” as I was confused at first on what that meant.
2. When done with my video and the app goes back to the main screen while “trimming” my music stops and I have to restart my music and open your app again
3. Maybe a quick tutorial when you open the app for the first time especially the trimming feature, as I butchered a workout video understanding the mechanic.
Overall this is a GREAT app and a game changer for those of us with an iPhone and wish to record our workouts whether it be for a coach or yourself to perfect your form!
got this app because i FIGURED it would work better than others SINCE you have to pay for it... learned my lesson... had glitches when i used it.. music would stop.. worked after about 3 attempts(for each recording!!!) recorded a few vids.. the first short one took forever to “save itself” (after you record it has to save ITSELF- if it doesnt do this-BOOM!!! your vid is GONE!!) DONT refresh either.. your vid will be GONE!! The other vid i made wasnt downloading.. it was taking tooo long- error message would appear- many times- apparently it had trouble downloading.. and then suddenly it was BOOM.. GONE FOREVER... AGHHHHHH!!! and when you look for answers.... the FAQ will already have a response to this issue.. “its NOT the app...its YOUR PHONE...” Hmmmm.. they even have a “refund” quick guide... GO FIGURE.. seriously!!! STAY AWAY.. i imagine the good reviews on here are from the excited first time users who couldnt wait to review this before they actually got to work with it?? idk... THIEVES!!! I REGRET buying this crap..
Developer Response ,
We've made a lot of improvements since your review, so these issues you were experiencing shouldn't be a problem anymore. We're sorry for the issues before and hope you'll give us another chance!
Game changer for powerlifters!
I love this app. I like to crank music during my sets to stay in the zone. If I want to record my form to check for imbalances and not having music always threw me off. My only problem with this app is if you go to stop recording and accidentally hit record again, the set you just recorded doesn’t get saved. Is there a way the developers can prevent this from happening? Maybe an alert can pop up asking if you want to save the previous recording before recording a new one? Or, how about something in settings where you can choose to always save a video once you finish recording without always having to tap ‘use video’ at the end of every set.
Developer Response ,
Update - Version 5 now makes you have to tap Retake twice for confirmation before deleting the video.
Thanks for the review! That’s a good idea, I’ll add a confirmation for whenever you tap the “Retake” button.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Topanga Technologies, LLC
- 1.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Topanga Technologies, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mideo Pro (Weekly) $3.99
- Mideo Pro (Monthly) $7.99
- Mideo Pro (Annual) $49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.