MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MDP2:
• Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
• Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
• Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
• A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
• Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
• The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
• Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
• Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
• Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
• Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
• Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
• Save, load and share your layouts and pages
• Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
• Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
• Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
• Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
• IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
• Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
• Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
• Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
• Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
• Cakewalk: Sonar
• CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
• Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
• Clavia: Nord Lead 4
• Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
• Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
• Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
• IK Multimedia: Amplitube
• Jomox: MBase 11
• Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
• Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
• Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
• Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
• Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
• Novation: Bass Station
• Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
• Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
• Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
• Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
• Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
• Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
• Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
• A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
• TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
• ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
• Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
• Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
Welcome MIDI Designer users to our 77th update, version 2.250!
Now: go sideways, go big! This release includes Native iPad Layout Sizes and Portrait Mode for iPad. It's huge for:
• Users who want to use their iPad vertically.
• Users who have an iPad Pro 11" (new aspect ratio).
• Users who use Split View to control other iPad apps.
We're excited to see new layouts being shared with these new sizes.
Other release notes:
• Fixed data thinning for incoming NRPNs, including those coming out of the Stream Byter plugin.
• Other smaller fixes for out-of-bounds controls (finally) and killing timers in Design Mode.
MIDI Designer Team
Questions: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] midiDR.com
App Love: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
Show Off: Want to show off what you’re doing with MD so we can feature it? Get in touch!
Stay Informed: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: midiDR.com/signup
See midiDR.com/changelog for version history.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for Virtual Organs
MidiDesigner Pro is the best midi controller app for Virtual Organs such as Hauptwerk (HW) and GrandOrgue (GO). Its capabilities are far better than traditional organ controller interfaces such as Touchscreen Monitors, Launchpad, Touch OSC, Luna Display, etc. Coupled with Stream Byter it allows many enhanced functions not possible with HW or GO by themselves. While there is a bit of learning curve, it is worth it.
I have developed such layouts as custom button placement, master generals and Combo steppers with PreSet starting steps to allow one touch selection and Up/Down sequencing of steps, Automatic registration setting, etc, None of this functionality would be possible without MidiDesigner Pro. I have worked with several organists to develop layouts for different organs who are extremely happy with using MDP. I have strong recommendations for organists to try it out.
Big creative problem solver
I was really frustrated that one of my favorite Moog synthesizers had no iPad app for deeper controls and, even simply easily knowing which preset I was on. iOS is mainly where I do my midi sequencing, synth patch editing. So it was annoying to have to unplug the iPad rig and hook up a computer. A few hours of setup (and a good bit of that was me wanting it to be cosmetically matching the synth) and I have a fully functional ‘app’ to control stuff with.
If you understand midi, I dont think it is a bad learning curve. Only thing I had to hunt online for guidance for was more advanced, changing the midi channel of the whole panel with one button. Found a dev tutorial easy though.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the positive words. We're amazed to see how our users DIY themselves out of difficult situations using MIDI Designer Pro 2. Glad to see that it got you from not understanding MIDI to building something useful easily. Enjoy!
I have written an interface for most of my gear with this app. This is the best midi interface app on the i-store, period. I recently dumped all the others off my ipad because they were just sitting there taking up space. I use it as a remote for my DAW, MKS20, Triton and GR55. I use an ipad 2 in an idock 2 and it works every time. I use midi ox to capture sysex on a pc and copy/paste onto a document adding some notes, print and then get busy having fun with it. Coolness!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words and for going deep... keep rocking with MDP2!
Dan Rosenstark, Author & CEO
MIDI Designer :: Dream | Create Play
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack $4.99
- Automatic Backups $1.99
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.