AUv3 Midi Fx - Midi Echo
online manual here: http:/amssoftware.org/manual/MidiEchoManual.pdf
Note : AUv3 midi apps need a compatible host (AUM,Audiobus 3, Cubasis, BM3 etc).
So what is a midi echo? It is similar to the audio echo effect where copies of the original audio are repeated at regular time intervals but with some form of change (e.g. quieter). But unlike audio, midi is digital in nature (low resolution 8 bit mostly) and focused around the midi note on & off message used to control synths etc.
This app acts on midi note-on independently from the note-off but when the note – off appears it echoes the release of the note-on in the same way the note-on was echoed (pitch interval etc) even if the UI controls have changed.
UI Controls exist to allow you to:
* Select the type of echo (fixed, ping pong, taper)
* Vary the number of echoes (from 0 to 20)
* Make echoes quieter by reducing the midi velocity
* Define the pitch interval (semitone) of all successive echoes
* Select the delay time between echoes either tempo sync or in mSec
* Define the delay type (fixed, tempo, random 50, random 20)
* Set the midi channel of echoes (1-16) so that other synths can select the echo only
* Disable individual echoes - to allow you to play chords with a small or 0 delay
* Set Midi thru to keep/remove the original note messages
* Panic button to quickly turn off all notes
* Setup control automation as all controls are AU Parameters
ui control method now has its own button on right hand side
improved touch control
AU Parameters now correctly instanced
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app!
I use this with monophonic synths to simulate chords - just make the tempo fast enough “strum” a series of notes. It would be cool if the order of repeats could be changed: say delay the first note to the end and start with the second repeat. That would give an inverted chord.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.