MIDI Tools is a suite of AUv3 MIDI audio units for iOS that lets you manipulate the MIDI messages inside your DAW’s effects chain, creating complex or otherwise impossible MIDI routings or effects.
The app contains 8 MIDI audio units in a single package, which can be loaded in compatible hosts (BeatMaker 3, Cubasis 2, AUM, ApeMatrix etc.). Make sure your host is capable of loading, transmitting to, and receiving MIDI from audio unit MIDI effects.
They’re intended to augment existing MIDI processing capabilities, or in scenarios where a host doesn’t provide the required functionality out of the box.
1) MIDI Curve: Alter velocity or aftertouch values (0-127) in a controlled or random manner.
2) MIDI Key Zone: Transpose and restrict the playable key range. Perform velocity fades across various pitch ranges. Generate polyphonic chord fade effects.
3) MIDI Monitor: Monitor MIDI events in an effects chain, with detailed reports.
4) MIDI De-Ghost: Tempo synced trigger block, useful for hardware pad controllers that double-trigger, or removing ghost notes. It can also be used creatively to generate polyrhythms and gate-shifting effects.
5) MIDI Route: External MIDI routing capabilities. Route MIDI to external hardware, loopback to other tracks or banks. Record MIDI audio units generator output in DAWs which lack the ability to perform complex in-app MIDI routing.
6) MIDI Bus: Internal MIDI busing capabilities, designed for DAWs which lack the ability to perform complex in-app MIDI routing.
7) MIDI Latch: Enable latching and sustain capabilities, in any DAW that supports MIDI audio units.
8) MIDI Clone & Filter: Clone and filter incoming MIDI across different channels, in any DAW that supports MIDI audio units.
- Visual feedback for notes, velocity and aftertouch in the Curve and Key Zone plugins
- More control over sustain for the Latch plugin
- Optimised MIDI engine for even higher performance and lower latency
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Solves the Beatmaker not recording midi au fx issue
I got this specifically to record midi au fx in beatmaker since, as of this review, it won’t do it natively. The midi route effect solves this issue and it’s so simple and quick. THANK YOU
This has much potential hope it keeps updated but we need nano 2 support
Developer Response ,
NanoStudio 2 is now updated to support this suite of MIDI Tools! Thank you for your patience.
Improves Any MIDI Editor and DAW!
A must have!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.