MidiMixer is an AUv3 plugin specifically designed for AUM which allows you to control your mix and record automation synced to AUM's timeline. You can control up to 12 AUM channels at once and create up to 8 snapshots of the mixing desk. You can smoothly fade from one snapshot into another at the touch of a button and even record these transitions as part of the automation for your song.
Automation recording is a big part of MidiMixer, and as such can record real-time movement of controls or add them directly to the visual editor. Editor tools allow you to draw automation for each control in real time as your song plays.
MidiMixer ships with a couple of default AUM session templates that will help you quickly configure AUM and MidiMixer ready to create your new song.
MidiMixer works by sending control messages to AUM. It relies on the default settings for AUM which makes setup very quick and easy. By default, you have control over 12 AUM tracks and a single group track for overall volume. You can control AUM's fader, pan, mute and solo settings for each of the 12 channels. We also provide a user option which allows you to send custom data to control other AUM settings (or a piece of MIDI equipment of your choice).
• 8 mixer snapshots with smooth fade over 0-5s.
• Record real-time control changes.
• Graphical editor with editing tools.
• Clipboard functionality for copying sections of automation.
• 2 default AUM templates provided.
• Fader lock allowing control of all faders at once.
• Control up to 12 AUM channels.
• Load and Save mixes.
• Full song state saving.
Checkout the 'Paul the Musicman' YouTube channel for a preview of this app in action.
Please Note: Although this plugin can technically be loaded into any DAW, it was designed purely for use in AUM and as such its use outside of AUM is extremely limited. Also not recommended for use on iPhones with less than 6.5" display.
Fixes an issue where in loop mode where the play cursor may not position correctly.
Fixes several render issues in the editor.
Fixes an issue which allows you to drag the loop off the timeline.
Other minor fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Paul, fantastic work as usual.
2 days before you released this I bought a midi fader/mixer board. Hahah ironic since I literally configured it in such a way that it would behave JUST like midi mixer. I felt a bit cheated out if my money once this was released for iOS!
Please, I do have one request though.... and it’s a “global” request for all your apps, could you add rotary knob support? I can never dial with precision on 4pocket dials because I hate horizontal and vertical knobs. They feel very unintuitive to me!
I really hope you can consider this as an option for your AUs, it would make them incredibly more friendly to use to the ones that are like me and hate vertical and horizontal knobs.
I do have a few ideas for DigiStix, probably my most used app by you, but I will email them eventually... 😊
Thanks for the wonderful work as usual!
Can’t go back
Can’t go back to using AUM without AUM MIDI Mixer. The developer is cool too. Always innovating and this is one of the apps he is consistently improving. If you miss your flying faders console give this a try. Well worth full price and must buy on sale.
Great in theory, lacking in execution
This app is a fantastic idea for working in AUM and adding a bit of song mode style timeline action. Unfortunately, like other 4pockets apps, it’s dropping the ball in some serious ways.
1. There’s no way to easily scale or edit drawn automation. If you weren’t exactly on point, you need to redo the entire thing.
2. While there is a snap to beat with the line tool, there is none for the paint tool.
3. The zoom in for the height of the automation window is nowhere near enough. There is a similar problem in the developer’s multitrack app, too.
4. It’s still glitchy. I’ve already had multiple instances where AUM doesn’t respond to faders or the mute state from the mixer. The mixer will show mute as active but AUM won’t read it, then I have to double tap it on the app to try and get it to reset.
I really want to like this app. It’s much easier, in theory, then using something like Xequence (although that’s more flexible) to control automation in AUM. Let’s hope these issues get addressed.
Developer Response ,
MidiMixer only works one way, as a remote control for AUM. AUM does not report changes of Mute/Solo/Fader etc. to MidiMixer. My guess is that you changed some settings in AUM such as fader / mute and that wasn't reflected in MidiMixer.
The idea behind MidiMixer is to record all your automations for your song and have MidiMixer play them back in sync with the host timeline. This way everything remains in sync. If you are simply using it to duplicate the functionality of AUM then you need to remember to make mixing changes in MidiMixer only.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Limelight Software
- 13 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 - 4Pockets.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.