MidiPatterns is a multitrack, pattern-oriented, MIDI step sequencer. You can use it as a simple drum machine, or to handle complex multi-timbral, polyphonic scores, controlling multiple hardware and software synthesizers at once. Please note that MidiPatterns does not generate sounds by itself.
• virtually unlimited number of polyphonic midi tracks per document
• output to multiple MIDI devices, directly connected or linked through a network
• virtually unlimited number of patterns per document, each with a size variable between 1 and 256 steps and specific time signature settings
• each step in a track can send volume plus 8 midi controller messages
• randomizing capabilities to improve expressiveness: notes properties (velocity, duration, probability, swing) and step controller messages can be set to change subtly and randomly during playback
• patterns can be assembled in variable length sequences
• imports and exports MIDI files
• MIDI clock synchronization, both as master and as slave
• articulated mute and solo configuration
• the interaction with the score grid has been completely revised and now allows to directly define the duration of the events without resorting to the modulations editor.
• the “overlay” mode and the corresponding switch on the control bar have been removed, since now you can access the contextual menus of notes and events with just a “long press”; the overlay in the modulations editor is now always active to give access to the contextual menus of each slider.
• the “general” page of the preferences panel has been renamed “score & events”, has a new icon and includes a new panel devoted to the events in which you can assign their initial attributes.
• the “initialization” page of the preferences panel has been renamed “tracks & patterns” and adds the ability to choose whether to include a percussive or/and a chromatic track when creating a new document, or even none.
Ratings and Reviews
Literally doesnt work
Paid $12 for it and it actually just wont even open.
Can’t get it to sync with external clock
Can’t get it to sync to external clock, it forgets settings half the time when I save them it doesn’t save. Seems very buggy. Needs some work - conceptually it is exactly what I want but it isn’t fully functional, please put some more work into this, it has a lot of potential.
All exported midi clips are empty. I have tried to publish a review of this app since purchasing, but Apple has not published any of those I have witten.
The developer, Amedeo Farello, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Amedeo Farello
- 8.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2014 Amedeo Farello
- In-App Purchases
- Multiple Sequences $2.99
- Customizable Modulations $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.