Miditure is a MIDI controller app for the iPhone, it can be used to control any instruments, apps, software and hardware that accept MIDI input.
Miditure has been designed to exploit the expressive potential offered by 3D Touch capable devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus), but is compatible with older devices as well.
Miditure includes a pad controller for sending MIDI note messages and an XY pad (XYZ pad if used with a 3D Touch capable device) for sending MIDI control change messages.
Each of the nine configurable pads can send from 1-4 notes with velocity, and on 3D Touch capable devices, polyphonic aftertouch.
Velocity can be set to use the devices accelerometer or can be determined from the location of the touch that triggered the pad.
The XY (XYZ) pad can be configured to send control change messages for up to 3 controls per axis.
NOTE/CHORD PAD FEATURES:
- Independent polyphonic aftertouch or channel aftertouch on 3D Touch capable devices (6s and 6s Plus)
- Nine fully configurable pads for sending notes and chords
- Each pad can play from 1-4 notes
- 3 velocity modes: impact (using the accelerometer), position (vertical), and fixed
- 7 velocity curves
- The impact velocity sensitivity can be adjusted
- MIDI channel configuration per pad
XY (XYZ) PAD FEATURES:
- z input (touch pressure) on 3D Touch capable devices (6s and 6s Plus)
- 3 assignable Control Change outputs per axis; control up to 9 parameters at a time with one finger.
- Adjustable range for each Control Change output.
- Controls apps locally using coreMIDI, or control external software and hardware over Wi-Fi, or by using a compatible interface.
- Save and load configurations
- This is a MIDI controller, not an instrument, it does not make any sound itself.
- The app can use bluetooth MIDI on compatible devices if the connect is established by another app, it does not have the capability to establish the connect itself.
- Added channel aftertouch mode: 3D Touch capable devices can now send either polyphonic or channel aftertouch!
- Added the ability to set the MIDI channel for each pad
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Feature request- not a FB member, but a 3D quantized triggers would be AWESOME. Like light touch 1/4-1/32 hard press would be REALLY cool!
- Lachlan Mooney
- 2.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Lachlan Mooney
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.