“Milanote is the Evernote for creatives.”
—Bryan Clark, The Next Web
COLLECT EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE
- Write notes and to-do lists
- Upload photos from your camera
- Save text, images & links from the web
When you're back at your computer, Milanote's flexible drag and drop interface lets you organize your ideas and projects into visual boards.
SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
Milanote boards can be a private place to think, or a shared workspace for collaboration—you're in total control of who sees what.
Anything you save to the app is instantly synced to all of your devices.
Updated rich text parsing in preparation for new text styles.
Temporarily render two heading styles as one.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I wrote a book using Milanote!
I’ve been using the desktop version of Milanote since it launched and I love it! Milanote has the flexibility and intuitive interface that helps me keep control over my crazy ideas. I used it to gather ideas, quotes, and images for my soon-to-be published book and I developed a workflow that makes it my go-to app for creative projects. I love how the iPhone app integrates perfectly with the desktop/web. I use the iPhone app mainly for gathering materials and jotting down thoughts which I then organize on my desktop or laptop browser. This is a great asset for writers, teachers, and creatives (and shared boards help for collaboration).
Tool of Potential
There is a lot of potential and utility with this fluid board that satisfies white board lover and kabaan board style organization. While I still prefer to use a separate kabaan board for their focus on more utility, Milanote doesn’t disappoint in its ability to be a creative tool.
To me, if the developers can improve on these hot items this would be an easy 5 star tool.
There are MAIN flaws with this tool and they are utility and business model rather than the tool itself;
(1) No personal cloud storage backups, no backups of any sort. You can export boards to PDF, PNG, Text. However you cannot export to a Milanote file that can be uploaded, to restore a lost board.
(2) The ‘free’ version limits you to 100 items. That is extremely low and ties you down in creative flow. Referral boosting to the limit is minor. Double or triple that would feel better, and draw users to stay to complete projects rather than using 2-free tools.
(3) The ‘upgraded’ version is unlimited but is 120$ yearly. This is insult to injury when Trello (50$), GitKraken Boards (50$), and competitors are less than half the cost per year. big oof.
(4) There is no iPad version of their App. For creatives on the go, this challenges you when competitors have apps. I avoid the app and use the Safari browser on the go. I will use the iOS phone app to only do text or quick edits / additions.
I owe you my creative success
Since I saw this app and used the first 20 cards, I knew I would buy it. I started to invite my friends at first until I got 100 cards. And I filled them within a week of understanding what this app does. It changed my life, my workflow, and my creative process.
I used to collect my moodboard on my file browser, then got from folder to folder and open the image to look at it, then go back to my sketch or my photos or while brainstorming. When I started with Milanote it all changed. I would use the phone app to write my tasks, brainstorm on the spot, organize my shot list and locations all in one place, look at my moodboard before a photoshoot, never miss a task, follow up and assign tasks to my teammates and share my marketing plan on the spot with prettiest illustrations. I love you guys.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.