Put your mileage logbook on autopilot: Let your phone track your trips, and have your mileage documentation ready for hand-over at any time.
500,000+ trust us with their mileage logbook. Get started for free today!
▶ 1. TRACK: Record your trips on the go
- Simply press start and let the app take care of the rest. Driversnote records your trip from start to finish using your phone’s GPS.
- Never forget to log a trip again, just enable our Auto Tracking and, all your trips will automatically be logged in the background. Just keep the phone in your pocket.
- Forgot a trip? No problem, you can always manually add a trip later on. Simply select where the trip started and ended and we’ll calculate a route.
▶ 2. CLASSIFY: Log who you visited & the purpose
- Easily categorize your trips as business or private.
- Start and stop destinations are automatically logged, and you can easily name your locations. We’ll even suggest frequented locations nearby, so you simply select the one you visited.
- When returning to the same place the app automatically finds previous locations nearby which saves you time.
- Do you need to keep a mileage log for multiple vehicles or report mileage to more than one employer? No problem! You can easily split your trips and reports for different vehicles and workplaces.
▶ 3. REPORT: Easily submit your tax compliant logbook
- Your mileage documentation is ready when you are. You’re only one click away from detailed reports available on your phone or desktop. Download as a PDF or Excel file, ready to hand over to your employer or accountant at your convenience.
- We create a complete, detailed report that can be given to your local tax authority (e.g. IRS) as documentation for reimbursement claims or tax deductions.
- Do you need to log your car’s odometer? We’ve got you covered. You decide how often you log your odometer and we do all the math between trips. You can set the app to remind you daily, weekly or monthly.
▶ COUNTRY SUPPORT & MILEAGE RATES
- We primarily support the following countries: USA (IRS), Canada (CRA), Australia (ATO), United Kingdom (HMRC), Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. But our system is used in more than 50 countries.
- Driversnote automatically calculates reimbursements based on the current mileage rates from your local tax authority (that we make sure to keep up-to-date).
- You can set your own custom reimbursement rates or opt out of calculating reimbursements altogether.
▶ YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
- All your data is secured on your online account, and is always available even if you lose your phone.
- You can easily manage everything from our website. From here you can access your trips, manage your locations etc. and print reports or download them as PDF or Excel.
▶ AUTO TRACKING WITH IBEACON
- Place a Driversnote iBeacon in your car and the app will automatically record all your trips in the background. You will never forget to log a trip again.
- When you sign up for the annual basic subscription we’ll send you an iBeacon for free.
- Your phone connects to the iBeacon when you enter the vehicle, and starts recording as you begin your drive.
- The app stops recording when you exit your vehicle, and you’ll get a notification that the trip was logged.
- If you have questions or feedback please contact us at tel. (+45) 71 99 37 54 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do use the GPS in the background when logging a trip, and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Welcome and thanks for using Driversnote Mileage Tracker!
Here’s what’s new in the app:
- Fixed a problem that caused changing a trip's start and end time to not always register. This was a rare but annoying occurrence.
- Changed the way ‘start’ and ‘stop’ locations appear in trips to make them easier to edit.
- Automatic tracking w. iBeacon should now be more consistent for some users.
- Added labels to our menu and changed the Home icon.
- Added correct time and date formats for users from SE, NO, FI, NL, DE, AT, FR, BE, IT, ES, and MX. Users from these countries should no longer see AM/PM.
- Implemented many smaller fixes and UI improvements.
We're always trying to improve. If you have feedback on the app please let us know at email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Tried the rest, this is the best
I am a full-time Lyft Driver, driving 2000 miles a week. I wanted an app that just tracked where I went all day, for tax deduction purposes and also to analyze my routes against my daily earnings and hours on the road to see where I was making the most profit. This is by far the easiest, cleanest and most useful app for tracking miles that I could find. Just START in the morning and STOP when you get back. You can also mark segments of the ride with color-coded trails for different modes of transportation, like: business, personal, medical etc.
I really like the manual feature of starting and stopping because the other apps I tried either didn’t have this feature or made it difficult to change the default settings from automatic tracking to manual. Nothing is more annoying than a bunch of useless trips being saved like spam that needed to be deleted.
With Driversnote, you are prompted before each ride to set your odometer since there is most usually a gap between when you stop your work day and start up again the next day. Also, there is a feature at the bottom of the tracker that allows you to make notes, in case you missed tracking a part of your ride before you started or after you stopped, or maybe you missed the odometer setting at the start but didn’t want to mess up the flow of one long trip by stopping and resetting.
Developer Response ,
Hi Albus Rex! A big thanks for your review :) Kind regards, Thomas
For over 25 years I have worked as an outside sales rep, and keeping track of business miles has been a major headache for me, especially when I had two or three different cars in one year! In addition to the hassle of trying to keep up with it everyday, I dreaded separating personal miles from business miles and compiling all the data for each car on the IRS Form 2106 at tax time! That task consumed many hours and was a major headache! I just downloaded this app about 5 hours ago.... still much to learn about it. But this a great mileage app! Now I can easily track my small fleet of four vehicles that I use in one business, plus my personal vehicle. I can easily track mileage for all of them and switch back and forth between “business” use and “private” use with one touch of the screen! Wow! And how easy to print a PDF report for each car by week, month or year.....and it’s so easy to send the file to my OneDrive cloud and save the reports to my laptop! It amazes me that it does all this in the FREE version! Great job, guys! I can’t wait to learn more about the iBeacon automatic tracking feature which apparently tracks your mileage without you needing to turn on your phone! Unbelievable....
Developer Response ,
Hi Joe, thanks for the kind words! We're so happy you like our app so far, and we hope it'll serve you well. One thing to be aware of: The iBeacon will help you track trips automatically, but your phone still needs to be turned on. Happy tracking and best regards, Thomas
Unreliable, inconsistent, incorrect
I’ve had Driversnote’s iBeacon since July. It worked fine in the beginning. Not so much anymore. It mysteriously starts trips even when I’m not near my car or even driving in a car so sometimes it looks like it takes me 10+ hours to get to work because the trip started at 9pm (for example) and ended the next morning at 7:55am. Sometimes I will exit my vehicle at my desired location but the app finishes my trip at some completely random spot miles away in an “as the crow flies” path - meaning, according to the green line, I drove straight through homes, business, ignored roads, exited my vehicle there and then somehow got back to my desired location to do my errand because when I get back to my vehicle to go home, my next trip starts exactly where I am, not where the “crow” says I was. Sometimes trips aren't even starting til I’m more than 2 miles into my trip - and not 2+ miles driven slowly in neighborhoods. No, 2+ miles driven at 40+ mph. And even better still, sometimes my trip stops tracking completely even though I’m still in my car, still traveling. I’ve contacted customer service many times and they only responded to my very first problem and didn’t even resolve it. Every email since then has been ignored. I can’t trust this app. It produces inconsistent, incorrect data. I would not recommend the premium iBeacon service to anyone.
Developer Response ,
Dear DessetDiva, Daniel here from the support. Do you mind writing in again and I'm sorry that if your messages have been unanswered. I'm sure it has to be big mistake from our side. I'm sure of the issues that you experience can be solved. Looking forward to hearing from you & Merry Christmas. //Daniel
- Driversnote ApS
- 75 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Driversnote ApS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.