Track your trips, increase your 2019 deduction!
MileBug is the reliable GPS mile tracker that makes it easy to track your trips and related expenses so you get the tax deduction you deserve.
• Hit #1 in Finance (U.S. - January 2017)
• “5 Apps Your Accountant is Begging You to Have in 2015″ - Smart Hustle Magazine
• Businessweek lists MileBug as 1 of 4 Tax Record Services (April 2013)
• "Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
• Easily export drive reports to excel or spreadsheets using CSV forms
• Easily email your drive reports
• NEW MileBug Cloud using Google Firebase ($1.99 IAP)
• iTunes File Sharing - Save a drive data file to your computer. You can restore it to the same or new device even if your phone is lost or damaged.
• Get $5.80 in deductions for every 10 business miles tracked in 2019.
• Get $2 in deductions for every 10 miles driven for medical or moving purposes.
• Get $1.40 in deductions for every 10 miles driven in service of charitable organizations.
• Save on battery life over other mile trackers that are constantly running
• No expensive monthly tracking fee
• Track trip related expenses for even more tax savings
• Full GPS path tracking (w/MAP DISPLAY)
• This GPS mile tracker drops a pin on the map view every 1/10 mile (approx). Edit the trip by dragging pins.
• Create custom categories for drive purposes
DEMO TRAINING VIDEO
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE businesses
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE charities
• Track miles/km for "Medical" or even "Other"
• Create your own expense categories
• Tracks your trips using GPS (full path on map)
• Data backup via MileBug Cloud ($1.99 IAP)
• Data backup via iTunes File Sharing
• INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT: km/miles, custom rates, etc.
• Use Frequent Trips to save time
• Setup multiple vehicles...and name them!
• Custom Field per Trip, sortable in reports (e.g. client, project, etc)
• Odometer screen updates when changing vehicles
• Automatically opens to Edit for incomplete trip
• Designed to be IRS compliant
• Setup frequent destinations and purposes for easy use later
• Easily edit/delete/reorder Presets (see blog for more info: milebug.com)
• Email HTML and Excel-friendly (CSV) reports
• Define date range of each report
• See report totals by business and vehicle
• Presets allow for trip recording with simple finger taps
• Clear Trips List when you want a fresh start
• See the deduction amount for each trip
• Incomplete trip badge on home screen icon
• Intuitive native iPhone/iPad interface
• Choose start screen in Settings
• How few miles will it take you to pay for MileBug?
SEE OUR BLOG: www.milebug.com (leave comments!)
"MileBug is a mileage tracker for your iPhone or iPod Touch that makes it super easy to. . .track your mileage. This is great if you need to report your mileage to your boss. . .the [IRS]. . .or for any personal reasons." -- App Store Apps
"Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
IRS tax deduction rates are 58 cents/mile for 2019! Take advantage of these rates by keeping track of the miles you drive for your businesses, for charities, or for personal medical reasons. With MileBug, it’s never been easier to make a trip log!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Cellular data plan or WiFi required for proper use of GPS
Terms of service: https://bendingspoons.com/tos.html?app=288376848
Have a feature request you would like to see in a future version of the app? Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We fixed several bugs, but the one in the name we decided to keep. As you can see, we are still working on the bug with bad puns, will keep you posted!
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but should be better
I've been using this app for years, and it was great for keeping track of various categories of miles, and the reports are great. However, last year I started traveling a LOT more for work and it could be made better for frequent users. Instead of a scrolling date choice, I would much rather prefer an option of a calendar interface. If I forgot a date a month ago, it would be much faster to use a calendar instead of scrolling. Second, I would like to be able to re-order my favorite trips. My current and most frequent trip is at the bottom and I have to scroll each time I want to select it. If these get fixed, it will be worth 6 stars!!!
Good app with good features
I've used MileBug for about a year. It allows me to track what clients I go to and add notes about the trip. It calculates either the number of miles or the beginning or ending mileage by simply filling in 2 of the 3 fields - beginning mileage, ending mileage, or # miles. It can track expenses but I have not found the need for that. I guess if I kept track of gas and repairs, that would be a good use of that feature. Customizable destination and origin codes allow me to put in my clients and description lets me know what the visit is for.
There is only one little glitch that I have found- you need to save after you enter your beginning mileage but before the end of your trip and sometimes I will open the app to go to my next client and my last trip will be open even though I finished the trip. If I don't hit save before I log my next trip, I will lose the previous trip. It's a little confusing to me but it may just be operator error. Anyway,I did a lot of research before I decided on this app and it has been a good tool for me. Exporting the data to Excel at the end of the year allows me to review and adjust missing entries before I go to submit my mileage for taxes.
i've been trying to use this app for about a year - i keep coming back because it does what i want (lets me enter my start and end miles and doesnt force me to use GPS) but the reason i'm still looking for a mileage tracking app is because there is no free field to enter destination. in this app - every destination is memorized to a dropdown list - so i'm limited to entering the most general area - with no specifics, or saving each and every town and company on a "quick pick" list... some of which i will never return to - this means i have to scroll through all the entries to see if i've already entered a place or if i have not. it would be (is) much more efficient to just leave the destination field free type so i can put in the town and the name of the company without saving it to a quick pick list.
- shang chen
- 28.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Secure Manager. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- MileBug Cloud Storage $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.