MileIQ automatically tracks and records your mileage in the background as you drive your car for business. MileIQ users save an average of $7,124 per year.
Tracking your miles for tax deduction purposes? MileIQ is the easiest most accurate way to create logs that follow IRS mileage standards.
Easy to Use. Loaded with Features.
Two of the biggest mistakes manual paper log keepers make is not maintaining a contemporaneous mileage log and mixing their business miles with personal miles. Inaccurate record keeping can result in rejected mileage deduction claims and IRS penalties.
Automatic Mileage Detection
MileIQ creates an accurate, contemporaneous record of the miles you drive for work. Automatic drive detection means no stopping and starting the app. No need for manual paper logs.
Accurate Mileage Tracking
Features like Name Your Location and One Swipe Classification give your tax-deductible mileage records the accurate details they need to pass IRS scrutiny.
A Custom Fit
No matter whether you're tracking miles for reimbursements or tax deductions, MileIQ gives you the tools and flexibility to create mileage record details that reflect the miles you drive.
• Personalize each drive with vehicle names, job numbers or any designation that fits your business
• Use bulk editing to give groups of drives a single purpose
• Use Frequent Drives to auto-classify the drives you make most often
• Add drives, delete drives, duplicate drives, and more
Making Your Business Mileage Count
The 2019 standard IRS mileage rate of 58 cents per mile driven for business, 14 cents for charity and 20 cents for medical mileage.
MileIQ calculates your largest mileage tax deduction. For example, let’s say you drive 1,000 or 10,000 miles for business using the standard mileage rate of 58 cents you’d be entitled to a mileage deduction of $580 or $5,800.
Detailed Records of Every Drive
A mileage log is only as good as the reports it generates. Stored securely in the cloud, MileIQ sends weekly mileage reports directly to your inbox. Need more specificity, use the web dashboard to generate custom reports.
• $5.2 billion in mileage deductions and reimbursements
• 40.8 billion miles logged with MileIQ
• 338 million hours saved from manual logging
Join Millions of Drivers Who’ve Saved Billions of Dollars using MileIQ
Try MileIQ for free. Your first 40 drives are free every month.
For a complete record of all your drives upgrade to MileIQ Unlimited for only $5.99/month recurring or $59.99/year recurring.
Mileage Logging that Works
• Easy. Simple to install and use
• Automatic. No stopping and starting the app
• Organized. Classify your drives with a swipe
• Accurate. Mileage logs that meet IRS mileage deduction standards
MileIQ consumes almost no power when stationary (as it quickly goes to "sleep"), and it will only minimally increase battery consumption when in transit. To achieve this minimal battery usage, MileIQ uses smartly constructed formulas to detect drives rather than only using GPS (which requires more power) for location data.
• Help Center: https://support.mileiq.com
• Website: http://www.mileiq.com
• Blog: http://www.mileiq.com/blog
• Twitter: twitter.com/mileiq
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/mileiq
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/mileiq
• Terms of Service: https://www.mileiq.com/terms
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless the auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's account settings after purchase
We’re always working on ways to free you from administrative chores and make working on-the-go easier than ever. We are pleased to announce:
- The new app version of MileIQ has added support for iOS 14 privacy changes. To capture your miles accurately, MileIQ will require Location Permissions set to Always and Precise Location set to ON.
- Bluetooth connection stability fixes for users with registered Bluetooth cars in MileIQ to make the duration and miles more accurate.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy Peasy Just Needs Two Little Improvements
I love this app and I use it all the time to track my business mileage. Easy as can be. You just swipe one way for biz and the other way for personal. It’s nice to see all your deductions adding up in the upper right corner. As for the improvements I’d like to see, I wish it was more accurate and it could pinpoint at least major landmarks like Costco or local schools. Sometimes once I’ve named a place, it says I was at that place if I was a couple blocks away. That makes it hard to be completely accurate in my tracking. For instance I named one of my kid’s schools and it thought I was there when I was going an open house at one of my listings a couple blocks away. One is business, one is personal. The other helpful update might be to have it remind you to track if you don’t do it for a couple days. As a Realtor I go so many places, if I get a few days behind I have no idea what his business and what is personal. I wouldn’t even mind a reminder every time I get out of the car, or at least every time I get home. I have a reminder set to delete texts and log mileage at the end of each day, but something from the app when I don’t do it would be great. That should probably be an optional feature because I know that would bug some people. Overall, thank you so much for making it easy to keep track of miles and get the tax write-offs. Well done!
About as simple as it gets!
I’ve been using this app for about 3 months now and, quite frankly, this is one of the best apps ever created. It works flawlessly and completely automatic in the background of your mobile device. It has logged every single drive I have made since I started using it. And the join feature works great to tie together all of those trips that have minor detours along the way to your destination like getting off the interstate to get gas or food or for an overnight stay. Couple that feature with the simple swipe left or right to categorize a drive as personal or business and this is just about the easiest, most effective app I have ever used period. Seriously, if you aren’t using MileIQ to track your business mileage, you need to start using today. Just make sure you’ve set-up all your data and vehicle info before taking your first drive. I suggest doing a test drive just to be sure it is capturing your drives automatically. When I first started, it missed a few initial trips because I did not have my vehicle information set-up completely. But once you are sure it is automatically capturing each drive, you are good to go. This app is about as perfect in form and function and usefulness as it gets. Try it today, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to use this app. Pure Genius!
Fire Protection Inspector
I am an inspector for a company that installs, designs & does inspections on fire suppression systems. I drive a lot, all day long from job to job, so mileage is a big part on the job. So far I have found the app great, though the frequent drives option doesn’t work that great and the work hours feature doesn’t allow you to edit those drives as it automatically logs them without any input on your part, which I do not like. Wish when it auto logs a drive, that it would still pop up and say “we just logged a business drive, is this correct? Would you like to add anything to this drive?” Same goes with a personal drive. Also, when in a drive from one job to the next or from the job to home, if you stop at a store or gas station, the app will stop that drive and when you start driving again it will start an entire new drive, I wish you had the option to continue the drive so therefore it would be logged together as one simple drive and not several different logs which you have to go back and calculate. I think if they fixed these minor issues this app would be top notch.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 173.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Mobile Data Labs 2017
- In-App Purchases
- MileIQ Mileage Tracker $5.99
- MileIQ Mileage Tracker $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.