Toucharcade's Game Of The Week!
"The Best Mobile Adventure Game You’ll Play This Year" - 5/5 IdigitalTimes.com
It's 1920's Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But life is hard and work is tough, and Ruth ponders: Is this really the life I want? It's not easier when mysterious things start happening to you and your cows.
And then a huge, mysterious ship descends from the skies, turning Ruth's life upside-down.
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a delightful, classic point-and-tap adventure game that combines an exciting story with puzzles and exploration.
It's also written completely in rhyme!
If you like unique games like Loom, Broken Age and Monkey Island you should give this a try!
* A lovingly crafted universe with hand-painted backgrounds combined with old school pixel art
* An exciting, intriguing story filled with wonder
* All dialogue and game text written in rhyme!
* Puzzles and exploration, perfect for beginners and veterans alike
* Easy, touch-friendly controls and no fail-state gameplay
* Autosave and custom save games
* Lovely, original soundtracks
* Made in Norway by one dedicated guy
* 2-4 hours of playtime
* Works on both iPhone and iPad
* English, French and Norwegian languages
* Four earth-based cows
- New Languages! Now you can play the game in rhyming French and Norwegian!
- Auto-rotate support
- A few bug fixes
Thanks for playing my game, you're awesome!
Ratings and Reviews
Impressive Rhymes in Multi-Languages
I love classic point-and-clicks by LucasArts and Sierra. This game very much reminded me and gave me that feel of old King’s Quest games, but especially Loom.
It is shorter than most adventures, but it is sophisticated. I am fluent in both French and English and found the translation of the dialogues impressively accurate while maintaining rhyme, and still giving the necessary hints to solve problems. These are for sure not “just translated.” A lot of thought went into it. I applaud the creator for this.
The story is sweet, and the puzzles not over the top difficult. It’s a friendly point-and-click for newbies.
There has never been a finer example that pixels are just a canvas for what can be a moving and emotional story. I am just getting started, and it is such a touching presentation of what a girl's life could be like on the mountain. And, so far, we are missing some of the annoying aspects of the classics - red herrings, pointless deaths. A retro game that would have fit in well in the King's Quest era, but with subtle modern effects like moving clouds and a real piano and classical guitar moving soundtrack. The attention to detail and frequent shifting of perspective is reminiscent of Another World.
Great little experience
Played it in two seasons and despite what others say I don’t mind that it was “short”. It was exactly as long as it needed to be. I honestly don’t have time to play through an epic 40 hr adventure which is why I love mobile games like this. I get to have all the same nostalgia and fun and finish the game too. Soundtrack was fantastic and is definitely worth putting on headphones.
The developer, Machineboy AS, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Machineboy AS
- 215.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Mattis Folkestad
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.